Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Shihab-Ul H Member Since: Aug 20, 2016
1 of 4

Few clients are contunuosly telling to do some sample works as a draft before hiring. When one task has done then they asked for another task. But when I request them to set a Milestone they highly requested to continue the work without hiring me and they assured that don't worry. In this circumstance should I carry on?

-Thanks

Umair H Member Since: May 29, 2015
2 of 4

Hi Shihab,

With my few year experience on up work , my humble suggestion is to define the boundaries. You can politely ask the client about the road map. Tell him you are willing to work with him/her and can perform better once you have clarity about the milestones and payments. Do a little research and impress your client about how you could do even better. Besides that  you have the option to discuss the matter with UPwork help and support and asking for free work does not fell into professionalism. 

Regards,

Umair

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 4

Hi Shihab-Ul,

Please include the details of those clients/jobs and screenshots of their requests to deliver free work on this link, and submit a support request. Note that freelancers should get paid for the work they deliver and make sure not to start working unless you're hired for the job and using one of Upwork Payment Protection Programs. In addition, requesting free work is a violation of Upwork ToS and our team will take action after reviewing the information you provide.

Thank you.

Community Guru
Shihab-Ul H Member Since: Aug 20, 2016
4 of 4

Thank you so much

I took this information with a great sense.

-Thanks again

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS