🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What the next step after receiving job offer?
Page options
ngoeerly
Community Member

What the next step after receiving job offer?

Hello,

I am new to Upwork and I want to make sure I land on a safe job 🙂

I got a job offer from a client who is also new. So I have few questions:

1. The client already send me an offer, so what do I do next?

2. Do I still need to have interview after accepting the offer or start working right away?

3. I just had my bank account verified (entering the small amount to verify), so how do I know if the payment work? Will I get notification? Do I need to wait few days before accepting the offer?

Thank you so much

8 REPLIES 8
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erly,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your questions with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,
I am new and also need help on the same.
My client sent me an offer and I accepted
But I am not sure what to do next.
To top it, my client has no payment verified.

Hi Cindy,

I checked this account that you used to post here in the community, but I was unable to locate an active contract.

When a client sends you an offer, and you are ready to accept it, you have to click the "Accept Offer" option on the notification that you will receive. Once you accept an offer, you will see it as an active contract under your "My Jobs" page. 

Regarding the unverified payment method, you may reach out to your client about it and remind them to add a verified payment method.

~ Joanne
Upwork
0a297cf4
Community Member

Hi Ms. Joanna Marie,
I am also new here in upwork, i receive also an offer, but not yet click the accepted button.
you mean when i click the accept button the contract must be in the "my Jobs" page , then this is legit?

please advise. dont have the knowledge. First timer here.

Thanks.

- Roel

Hi Roel,

I checked the job offer you are referring to and noticed that the client is requesting you to purchase a subscription by sending you a bonus on Upwork. Please note that bonus payments are not covered by our Payment Protection and this may lead to scam if we are unable to charge the client's billing method. I have shared your report with our team to investigate and take action based on our internal processes. 

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

- Pradeep

Upwork
0a297cf4
Community Member

Thank you for the info. However, as of now the contract is not paused, that i believed will result to scam.

86ea0d7c
Community Member

Hello,

I will join the conversation and say, I am also new here and received a reply from a new job poster, however he is providing me with an email address I need to contact outside of Upwork for payment details and offer. i requested more info about the job but he cannot tell me anything until I write to this email. I'm not trusting it too much...I spent 8 connects on this and fear I lost them.

7cc88a2e
Community Member

Seems there's a lot to learn before any coiccoin can get into your pocket. Nonetheless, I love this great platform. Just need to keep myself informed I guess.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths