🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What time of skills/support do I need?
Page options
ddec44f6
Community Member

What time of skills/support do I need?

I am hoping (with the assistance of Upwork) to find someone to support me in the development of a back office solution for my business.  I run a small recruitment business and want to automate our back office. I have already mapped out the processess required. What I am not sure about is what is the title of the person I require to support me with this. In my ignorance I tend to reference it as a software developer role but I am sure there are more specific titles (and skillsets) to this role?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jamie:

Welcome to Upwork.

I am certain that you will be able to find people who can help you automate your back office operations. This will help your business save time and money.

I appreciate the fact that you want to post an effective job posting. But finding the right "title" is not necessary. Just do the best that you can.

A more important aspect of your job posting will be a clear description of what you want done.

Don't make the job posting too long. Mostly you just need to use the information you posted here in this thread. If you describe what it is that you want to do, but don't present a massive wall of text, then the right people will send you proposals.

For a project like this, make sure that you hire more than one person. Because you are new to Upwork, and new to managing an office automation/development project like this, you should ideally hire at least 4 people.

Your goal will be to evaluate the work done by each freelancer that you hire, and quickly decide who among them is providing you with the best value. You will want to stop working with freelancers whose work ends up being unusable, or who clearly do not understand your project. You will probably want to stop working with anybody who does good work, but is really expensive.

Look for the people who you can see are really benefiting your business, and close the contracts on the others.

Thank you for your comments and guidance. They are greatly appreciated.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths