🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What to do if you can' t get a job on Upwork?
Page options
811ea88d
Community Member

What to do if you can' t get a job on Upwork?

If you are having trouble getting a job on Upwork, there are a few things you can do to improve your chances:

1. Review your profile: Make sure your profile is complete, and that it accurately reflects your skills and experience. Include a clear and professional photo, and make sure your portfolio is up-to-date with relevant work samples.

2. Tailor your proposals: When applying for jobs, make sure your proposal is tailored to the specific job and client. Show that you have read and understand the job description, and highlight how your skills and experience make you the best fit for the job.

3. Network and build relationships: Reach out to other freelancers and clients in your field and try to build relationships. This can lead to more job opportunities and help you to establish a reputation as a reliable and dependable freelancer.

4. Be patient: Finding work on Upwork can take time, so don't get discouraged if you don't get a job right away. Keep applying for jobs and building your profile, and eventually you will find the right opportunity.

5. Get certifications: Many employers are looking for freelancers with certifications in their field of work. Getting certified in a software, language or other relevant area can help you increase your chances of getting hired.

1 REPLY 1
5e45cc55
Community Member

That's nice and all, but you should check out all those "clients" offering you the job and demanding a free sample or asking you for an "idea" to see if you're suitable and then never getting back to you, all of this in the Upwork chat, nothing "shady". I've lost my time with that, and my money since you need to boost your proposals to even stand a chance. So please, do something about it

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths