Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would be the correct decision?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Shihab-Ul H Member Since: Aug 20, 2016
1 of 6

My client is not responding from the last 8 (Eight) days after 1st milestone completed. And she have not funded for 2nd milestone. Here I want to note that- 1st milestone completed 22 days ago. (although it is a 2/3 hours job)

In my profile, always shows that "Job in progress". It seems to me that I am busier than actually I am! In this circumstance should I end the contract or wait for her arrival? 

-Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 6

Your client is not obligated to respond.

It is polite, but not required.

When I complete a milestone, I get paid quickly by the client.

Or I get paid automatically 14 days after I submit the work, if the client does not respond at all.

You said you finished the milestone 22 days ago?

You should have been paid 8 days ago.

If you were not paid already, then what happened?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 6

The correct decision is this:

1) Finish the work on the funded milestone.

2) Submit the work using the green "Submit Work / Request Payment" button.

3) Then DO NOTHING.

The client will release payment. Or you will get paid automatically.

AFTER you have been paid, and after you have withdrawn the money, then you can still wait some time to hear from the client.

Eventually you will receive a new milestone/assignment. Or you will simply close the contract.

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 6

Dear Sir (Preston H), I have got paid for 1st milestone at December 19, 2016. The client has not funded for 2nd milestone. And I also let her know that I am waiting. Now I want to know that if I end the contract, there would be any problem or not when calculating my JSS?

-Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
5 of 6

@Shihab-Ul H wrote:

My client is not responding from the last 8 (Eight) days after 1st milestone completed. And she have not funded for 2nd milestone. Here I want to note that- 1st milestone completed 22 days ago. (although it is a 2/3 hours job)

In my profile, always shows that "Job in progress". It seems to me that I am busier than actually I am! In this circumstance should I end the contract or wait for her arrival? 

-Thanks

If you've completed the scope of work required for the first milestone, then click on the Submit and Request Payment button. Then, as Preston says, just wait, 14 days after you click that Submit button the funds in escrow will be automatically released to you. Then do NOT start any work on the 2nd milestone until and unless the client fully funds it.

Once you've gotten paid, you can wait a few days to hear back from the client. IMO after that, you can message the client that since you haven't heard from them for so long, you are closing the contract BUT you are still available to complete their job. They can either open up a new contract for the rest of the work or rehire you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 6

Dear Madam (Kathy T), This information is very helpful that you said- "They can either open up a new contract for the rest of the work or rehire you.

I just want to know that closing the contract by me/freelancer or closing contract without any feedback will count my reputation negatively or not? 

-Thank you