cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the meaning of Job closed or expired?

Highlighted
Ramandeep K Member Since: Feb 8, 2020
1 of 4

Hey guys, I'm new here and I'm keep getting the mails that the job is CLOSED or EXPIRED. Sometimes I receive the message within 24 hours. How a job post work on upwork? is there any expiry period here? what should I keep in mind while placing the bid?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ahmad H Member Since: Oct 14, 2019
2 of 4

It means that the Job is closed now by client or by Upwork. Actully it could be for certain reasons if Upwork deletes a Job then you will get your connects back. After one month of inactivity on any Job will also cause the Job deletion/Expired.

If you have applied for a Job and someone else is hired then also Job will be closed and you can see that in your archive proposals.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
BEST ANSWER
3 of 4

Ahmad H wrote:

If you have applied for a Job and someone else is hired then also Job will be closed and you can see that in your archive proposals.

Jobs are not necessarily closed when someone is hired. That's up to the client. They may leave it open for more hires or just because they don't think to close it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

I post a job.

I hire a freelancer.

When I hire officially, Upwork posts a dialogue box requiring me to choose between closing the job posting now, or keeping it open.

Every time I hire, I must choose between those two options.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS