🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » When can I get jobs from here?
Page options
alexandr_shurik
Community Member

When can I get jobs from here?

Hi. 

I've just joined here. 

And I lost all connects. 

but there are no any results. 

When can I get jobs here?

Does this really give a chance to get a job for a fresh joiner?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robin_hyman
Community Member

Alexandr S wrote:

Hi. 

I've just joined here. 

And I lost all connects. 

It can take months.  But as Preston suggests, read through all the resources Upwork provides for new freelancers.  You can get jobs here, but you have to stand out, be persistant, and be optimistic.

Remove the first line of your profile.  The first 2-3 lines are what a client sees when they do a search.  Make it and your profile title stand out. Instead of creating a list of things you can do, write short paragraphs of what you bring to the table and what makes you different than the thousands of other freelancers who have the same skills as you (and who have been on the platform for much longer). 

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member
robin_hyman
Community Member

Alexandr S wrote:

Hi. 

I've just joined here. 

And I lost all connects. 

It can take months.  But as Preston suggests, read through all the resources Upwork provides for new freelancers.  You can get jobs here, but you have to stand out, be persistant, and be optimistic.

Remove the first line of your profile.  The first 2-3 lines are what a client sees when they do a search.  Make it and your profile title stand out. Instead of creating a list of things you can do, write short paragraphs of what you bring to the table and what makes you different than the thousands of other freelancers who have the same skills as you (and who have been on the platform for much longer). 

Good luck!

Thank you. 

I will try. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths