🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » When should I Resubmit work for approval and ...
Page options
zacatbeckhorn
Community Member

When should I Resubmit work for approval and how many times do I need to do it?

Hi,

I joined Upwork earlier this week and was offered a (small) contract from a client. I submitted the work and am waiting for them to approve so that I can be paid! The contract is due today, so I am hoping they approve + pay by today.

Just so I understand the process, what happens if they don't approve and pay? I understand that at some point I have to Resubmit the work, but when do I do that? Today? Tomorrow? Is there a certain number of times I need to Resubmit it?

Thanks for any insight here!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pudingstudio
Community Member

Zac H wrote:

Hi,

I joined Upwork earlier this week and was offered a (small) contract from a client. I submitted the work and am waiting for them to approve so that I can be paid! The contract is due today, so I am hoping they approve + pay by today.

Just so I understand the process, what happens if they don't approve and pay? I understand that at some point I have to Resubmit the work, but when do I do that? Today? Tomorrow? Is there a certain number of times I need to Resubmit it?

Do not click that button AGAIN.

IF you have used (as you should) "Submit", than leave it as is and wait. Either for your client to approve or automatic fund release.

If you were to click it again, it will reset (you'll have to wait 14 days again).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pudingstudio
Community Member

Zac H wrote:

Hi,

Do not click that button AGAIN.

IF you have used (as you should) "Submit", than leave it as is and wait. Either for your client to approve or automatic fund release.

If you were to click it again, it will reset (you'll have to wait 14 days again).

Ahhh OK, thanks Antun. So I'm guessing "Resubmit" is used for when corrections/changes to the original work need to be made and...resubmitted?!

Zac H wrote:

Ahhh OK, thanks Antun. So I'm guessing "Resubmit" is used for when corrections/changes to the original work need to be made and...resubmitted?!

Not sure why that exists. Never had to use it. Never thought about it.

If your client ask you for some changes (some you are fine with, some you are happy to provide within same amount you agreed to), you don't have to use Submit again:

- upload your files to file sharing servise (googledrive, dropbox..)
- share the link to your client via chat

Your client was notified as soon as you have used the Submit button.
They will contact you about the files you've sent. OR, they'll completely ignore you (which is fine, you'll still be payed for your time and work).

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths