🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » When to confirm an escrow payment for freelan...
Page options
6fc62949
Community Member

When to confirm an escrow payment for freelancer

Hi

I am relatively new to upwork. Just wondering what is the protocol with fixed contracts in confirming an escrow payment?

I trust this person 99.99% that they will do the right thing and they have an excellent rating, but I have had issues with different clients in the past so I'm just trying to cover myself. The freelancer has created my project in full but with DEMO across it and said they will send the original files and the original video without 'Demo' (project is to my satisfaction) after I confirm the escrow payment.

Now should I confirm the escrow payment before those files are sent? Or should I wait until they have delivered the project in full before confirming funds (kind of the point in having the funds in escrow).

Thanks in advance

Andrew

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Even if you trust the person 99.99% or 100%, I still see no reason to break protocol.

Here is what is supposed to happen:
- Client funds a task with a milestone payment.

- Freelancer does the task and sends the files to the client. The complete, un-watermarked, fully usable file.

- Client reviews the file to make sure that the freelancer completed the task

- Client releases escrow payment to freelancer

A freelancer and client are free to do whatever they want. Upwork can't control what they actually do.

But this is the way that Upwork INTENDS for the system to be used.

JoanneP

Hi Andrew,

If you are satisfied with your freelancer's submitted work, you can release the payment. But if your are not, and you still want to request some changes, please click on the request changes button. For more information, please check out this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths