cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I get my Connects back?

Nickolai L Member Since: Jun 18, 2017
1 of 10

As a freelancer, I'm spending my Connects when I submit a proposal. When will I get them back (other than the end of the month)?

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
2 of 10

Hi Nickolai,

You receive 60 connects every month to spend on submitting proposals. Once you have spent your connects you typically don't get them back, unless the job is cancelled, in which case they will be returned. 

Untitled
Zunaira A Member Since: May 4, 2019
3 of 10
So, whats the procedure to get them back?
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4 of 10

Hi Zunaira,

There is no procedure to get the Connects back. If a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service, we will close the job and the connects will be returned automatically.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Rabia H Member Since: Aug 18, 2019
5 of 10

I only got 20 connects?

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
6 of 10

It's important to pay attention to UW's Official Announcements page in this forum. New freelancers now get a one-time gift of 20 free connects. After that, you have to purchase them for $0.15 each in batches of 10 or more. (We all have to purchase them now. Those of us who were already here were allowed to roll over the ones we already had.)

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
7 of 10

Phyllis G wrote:

It's important to pay attention to UW's Official Announcements page in this forum. New freelancers now get a one-time gift of 20 free connects. After that, you have to purchase them for $0.15 each in batches of 10 or more. (We all have to purchase them now. Those of us who were already here were allowed to roll over the ones we already had.)

It's important to pay attention .... period.

I am astounded that so many have preconceived notions about what they think will happen when they sign up. Upwork, for the love of all that is holy, why can't you send an automatic message (along with profile approval) to new freelancers who can't be bothered to read announcents or anything else pertinent to what they need to start.

How hard could it be to do that???

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
8 of 10

Virginia F wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

I am astounded that so many have preconceived notions about what they think will happen when they sign up. Upwork, for the love of all that is holy, why can't you send an automatic message (along with profile approval) to new freelancers who can't be bothered to read announcents or anything else pertinent to what they need to start.

Yeah. My theory is a lot of newbies come in because of word-of-mouth from other newbies. They think it works however their friend's cousin told them it works and it doesn't occur to them to read for instructions or insights. It's the app generation.

I just realized it's the flip side of my teeth-gnashing when I try to use something like Lyft for the first time and can't find any g-d instructions or Help.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
9 of 10

Virginia F wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

Very recently, someone reported having just signed up and received the old "your connects will refresh on..." email.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
10 of 10

Virginia F wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

Frankly I think they do that already. You are prompted to read all the material on how to get started. Seems many people can't be bothered with that, or simply ignore it, because their friend's cousin told them that they would get free connects, are invited constantly, and cluttering the forum just seems easier than doing their homework. Lazy, just lazy. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS