🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » When will I get paid
Page options
ashley-barreto
Community Member

When will I get paid

Hello, 

I have recently accepted my first job and it is an hourly paid one in which I input my hours manually. I have started this job on October 19 and have been inputting my hours for the last two weeks on the work diary. 

I have set up instant pay on my account. 

When I checked my transaction history, it says pending next to the two bills for the past two weeks. My client has been charged already, but the funds still say pending. 

I need help in understanding why that is and when I will be able to expect a payment.

Thank You 

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Ashley,

For hourly contracts, all time logged in your Work Diary, whether tracked or added as manual time, is automatically invoiced to your client. Here's a quick guide into the schedule for when funds will be available:

• Week 1 – You log time using the Upwork Desktop App (Time Tracker)
  • Week 2 – Your time is invoiced to your client on Monday and they have until Friday to review your work
  • Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday

For more information about how hourly contracts work, please check here. Once this review period ends, there is a five-day security period after which your earnings will become available for withdrawal. You can read more about the weekly billing cycle here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Got it, I understand now. Thank so much for your help! I really appreciate it 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths