🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Where am I going wrong?
Page options
rjbarrettster
Community Member

Where am I going wrong?

There are probably hundreds of posts about this on the forum but I want to know from someone where I am going wrong myself. My profile is completed to 100% and I keep getting denied for approval. I have a lengthy bio description which is related to the job scene that I have chosen - web design. I have items in my portfolio, tests completed and education & work history. I am not using any fake information and even have outside accounts such as my Behance and Dribbble linked. Where am I going wrong and how can I fix it?

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
yitwail
Community Member

Ryan, I doubt there's anything wrong with your profile. It's most likely marketplace saturation, if you received a notification that says something like "the marketplace doesn't have opportunities for your area of expertise."

Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

I checked this and your profile is still under review, please allow up to 24 hours for the review process to be completed. Once the review process is completed our team will reach out to you with the results, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

If it comes back as denied, can we go into PMs to get it manually reviewed or to isolate the issue? The emails are very vague with its response.

Hi Ryan,

Unfortunately, we won't be able to comment on your profile status specifically, please refer to the notification you received from Upwork. Generally, only a small percentage of freelancers have their registration accepted upon resubmission. We accept new freelancers based on the demand in the marketplace, which varies over months (not days). Having a complete profile helps us determine if there is a sufficient demand for your skills and experience, but does not guarantee admittance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths