cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I post a portfolio?

grammarnazi1022
Ace Contributor

I am wondering where could I go to post some examples of my written work? I had one in Associated Content, but the site folded, I have all the articles I posted there, but I need an online place to point prospective clientele to. Ideas?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
mtngigi
Community Guru

If you're signing up as a freelancer, you can add pieces to your portfolio on your profile page in Upwork. Right now your profile looks like a client account.

I wonder why my profile looks like a client accouint? Is it because it needs a profile posted on it? Working on that! Thanks! 

Yes, Jim. Currently you profile looks empty to whoever is viewing it. You need to complete it and submit it for review in order to start bidding on jobs and working.

~ Valeria
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Guru

Jim:

You need to post your portfolio pieces in your portfolio on your Upwork profile page.

This is very simple.

If your Upwork account features only a client/company profile, then you need to create a freelancer profile WITHIN THE SAME account. You will only have one username and password, and only one Upwork account. You will need to have a freelancer profile page, and that is where you put your portfolio. Just like every other freelancer using the site.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jim,

You already have a freelancer account on Upwork, but you still need to complete it and submit it for review. When completing your profile, you'll be able to add portfolio items to it. 

Check this help article for more information.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi pretty Valerie, your response really helped me alot! I was so frustrated looking around and searching where is the portfolio section and suddenly read your comment, so glad Now I know you need to submit your first application before you can see the PORTFOLIO

grammarnazi1022
Ace Contributor

On the page of this site wehre it asks for skills listed in a field below where you can check off skills, it NEVER accepts my response, no matter how I state it. Satisfying the demand on that page is a lost cause to me, because there is NO acceptable response! Anybody else having this experience? 

Hi Jim,

In that field start typing your skill and you'll see a drop down menu. You'll have to choose skills from that drop down menu in order for them to be accepted:

Screenshot_14.png

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jim,

I merged your questions about creating your profile into this thread and moved it to New to Upwork section. Let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork