🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Where do I fit in and what do I charge
Page options
irwinmona
Community Member

Where do I fit in and what do I charge

I have an extensive background in journalism but almost none in freelancing itself. I'm not sure how to explain this to my advantage on my profile, and I'm also not sure what to charge for my writing services.

Another question: I am interested in offering both transcription AND writing services. Does anyone have any advice on which one I should emphasize? I understand I can't "post" myself under both.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mona, 

While I'm not familiar with how you can set a rate for your skills, and experience, you may want to check other freelancers profiles who are in the same job category so that you can use it as reference on how you can rate yourself according to your skills and experience. 

Since you are yet to fill-in your profile, it would be best if you can read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled for great tips and insights on how you can set up your profile, and work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths