🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Where to find/get the actual benefits of the ...
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

I was re-hired by a client and got a rising talent badge next week just after that job ended. But now when I apply to certain jobs it shows a red highlight on rising talent condition(not eligible). What the issue? Help me to solve this issue.

Hi Ahmed,

Since you have received your Job Success Score, you can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge. The Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don’t have their Job Success Score yet.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Upwork Community,
I hope my Profile is meeting the Rising Talent Badge,so how will I be getting this Badge if all requirements are met?
Is anything Incomplete?

Because :

1)I have Completed 30 days on Upwork.
2)My Profile is 100% Completed.
3)I follow all the rules and regulations from Upwork.
4)I have Completed the Upwork Readiness Test Successfully.
5)Also Completed 2 Succesful projects on time.
6)I regularly apply to the jobs related to my skills.

So why am I not getting the badge?Can anyone review my profile and let me know.

Thank you,
Hritik **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I'm pretty sure  your profile picture needs to be a photo of you and not an illistration to comply with the rules.

Hi Hritik,

Just as you mentioned, the Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

In addition to this and as a reminder, note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable.  Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, I just recently started on Upwork and I already got my first job. Problem is, my national ID won't be available for another few months. Aside from being unable to submit proposals, the money I earn from my active contracts won't be deducted (aside from fees) even after a few months, right? I just want to know since the work I'm doing is editing/proofreading novels so it would also take some time to finish.

Hi Zea,

Yes, that is correct. The hold prevents you from withdrawing your earnings but doesn't deduct them. Once you successfully pass the verification process, the hold will be removed. You can find more information in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Like the extra connects...?

I think there's something wrong.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations on receiving Rising Talent badge, Mina. Please, note that it can take up to 48 hours for the system to update and award you your 30 free connects. Let us know if you haven't received your connects after 48 hours and we'll assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
fmina69
Community Member

Thanks. 48 hours have indeed already passed since I first noticed I got the badge, which was on Friday afternoon - my time.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mina,

Thank you for following up. I've shared your report here with our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you shortly and assist further.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fmina69
Community Member

Alright, thanks.

I know I have met the criteria for the rising talent on Upwork may be a long time ago but it still does not appear on my end. Can anyone help me verify if I met this or not? I also got the Top Rated badge so I feel I am eligible for the Rising Talent.

I have met these criteria as far as I know

1. Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
  2. Complete your projects on time and as promised
  3. Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your skills
  4. Keep your availability status up-to-date
  5. Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skillset
  6. Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  7. Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

Hi Rav,

The Rising Talent badge isn't showing on your profile because you have already earned the Top Rated badge. Congratulations! Now you can work your way towards the Top Rated Plus badge.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Okay thank you for confirming this to me.

when will i got Rising Talent badge, i have also passed the readiness test before 2 day?

Hi Hemant,

Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I have been on the system for long. Have adhered to Upwork Terms and completed enough jobs too. Is there a possibility I would getting a rising-talent soon.

Hi Samuel, 

Please know that many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities available in the market. 

You are still eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Feel free to take a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Alright thanks

I have passed the readiness test and also complete all other requirements approximately a week ago. But not have received a rising talent badge. I'm new on Upwork and have not received a job yet, can I get this badge without receiving my first job? 

Hi Anayat,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Upwork Community, I have more than 6K$ + earning on Upwork. My job success score is 100% and my profile is also 100%. I have also passed the Upwork Readiness test. None of my reviews are negative so why I didn't receive the Rising Talent Badge till now. Please tell me what I have done wrong or what should I need to do to get the badge. 

I will be thankful to you.

Thanks and Regards

Hasnain Khan

Hi Hasnain,

As you already have earned your Job Success Score, you are no longer eligible for the Rising Talent badge. However, you can start working towards Top Rated status!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks, Aleksandar, I will work on getting Top-Rated status now.

Hey, I have passed the Upwork Readiness Test and still my rising talent badge is not appearing on the profile. I have read the terms as well and I think I am doing everything right here to qualify for the badge but still nothing. Can anyone from Upwork look into my profile and please guide me. 

Hi Fahad,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork
fahdazad
Community Member

Hey Andrea G, thank you for getting back to me. Really appreciate it thanks. 

Good day all,

I have passed the Upwork readiness test with a score of 5, my profile is 100 % and my availability status is ON. I have received few interview calls but not done any project so far.

Is I am eligible for Rising Talent Badge ??

What other criteria I have to pass ?? Do I inform Upwork team about the test I have passed ??

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Manoj

Hi Manoj,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello!

How can I claim my Rising Talent Badge?

I fulfill all the requirements of rising talent.

Can you help me? I would love to be a Rising Talent.

Hi Brigitta,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed in this help article. The process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you will receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am meeting all requirements.

Hi Abdul,

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi - I'm a new user on Upwork. I'm using my profile since 22-april-2021.
I have done 4 jobs successfully.
My profile is 100% completed. I have give readiness test and passed.
When I will get "Rising Talent" badge on my profile?
Is there anything missing or wrong in my account? kindly guide me.

Hi Hamad,

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello all,
i have doubt about rising talent.
i got directly JSS instead of rising talent.
SO , now can i eligible to get rising talent?

if yes , then what is the criteria for it?
And if no , then my question is almost clients requirnment is "including rising talent" or "rising talent"
but i have not get rising talent yet instead of i have jss ,so how can i eligible for that project in which client reqirnment rising talent or it means those projects are only for fresher or new comer on upwork??, becaue i have mailed in upwork support and they said that rising talent is only for new comers on  upwork or freshers.

Please solve my doubt.
Thanks in advance.

Dhara R wrote:

SO , now can i eligible to get rising talent?

No. Once you have a JSS, you can't ever get a RT badge.

The next badge you can aim for would be top rated for which you need to get your JSS above 90% and meet all the following: 

• A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  • First hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  • Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
  • A 100% complete profile  (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  • 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  • Up-to-date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate)
  • An account in good standing with no recent account holds
  • Activity on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days

Why did my rising talent badge disappear? I have and still maintain the criteria???

You should qualify for a Job Success Score with so many contracts. Wait until tomorrow to see if one appears.

Rising Talent status is only for freelancers who are relatively new and don't have a Job Success Score yet.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths