🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Which Jobs should a newbie go for?
Page options
orzac
Community Member

Which Jobs should a newbie go for?

Hello guys,

I`m new to Upwork and I need money. My niche is customer support maybe VA`s or data entry if needed. I posted my rate at 6.5$ so that I can receive 5$ an hour for my time. I think it`s a fair amount judging by the fact that I did to colleges on college and one undergraduate school. SO here is my question as a newbie here on Upwork should I focus on sending proposals to jobs that have 20-50 proposals so a high rate? Or should I focus on the ones that people don`t want and have less than 5 or 10 proposals.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "Can you please help me and before giving more stuff to read. I'm tired. Which jobs should I go for? The ones with a lot of proposals or the ones with less?"

The ones with less.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

Orza:
If you don't know who you are as a freelancer, then I am not going to hire you.

Also:

Data entry?
Don't bother.

SO what you are saying to me is that I should just stick to the customer support part? What do you think about my rate 6.5$ an hour I`m from Romania does that seem reasonable for you? Also which jobs should I go for the ones that have more proposals and are the most attractive and explicit in what they want from you or should I go for the ones that have a lot less proposals? I`ve already saved 40 jobs with a low number of proposals I just don`t want to waste all of my connects and  not get a job

Can you please help me and before giving more stuff to read I`m tired which jobs should I go for the ones with a lot of proposals or the ones with less. Please just answer me this and that would be the end of it. There`s too much information to go through

re: "Can you please help me and before giving more stuff to read. I'm tired. Which jobs should I go for? The ones with a lot of proposals or the ones with less?"

The ones with less.

Thank you for your help

All legit, decent customer service jobs get a huge number of proposals. If you see one that's been up for more than 15 minutes and hardly anyone has bid on it, there's bound to be a good reason.

There`s too much information to go through

Suit yourself. Don't come complaining about scammers later. Or about not finding a job. 

babyfood.jpeg

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths