🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Which fields have the most demand for freelan...
Page options
tanilles
Community Member

Which fields have the most demand for freelance or online work right now?

Hi all

I am wanting to get some feedback and ideas from Upwork freelancers please. I live in South Africa, I have 25 years of business ownership and management experience, and an MBA degree. I have a few skills. Where would you suggest to get started? Or get upskilled in? Any tips or advice would be helpful, thank you. I am open to mostly anything workwise.

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Tanille S wrote:

Hi all

I am wanting to get some feedback and ideas from Upwork freelancers please. I live in South Africa, I have 25 years of business ownership and management experience, and an MBA degree. I have a few skills. Where would you suggest to get started? Or get upskilled in? Any tips or advice would be helpful, thank you. I am open to mostly anything workwise.

No, you're not open to mostly anything. This isn't throwing spaghetti on a wall seeing what sticks. You have a specific set of skills? Use that. The more specific your niche, the better. Research your competition. 

Your cv has contact information, that is not allowed, and aside from that, the cv does not belong into the portfolio, that is for prior work.  

prestonhunter
Community Member

Tanille:

On the job feed/job search page, you can navigate to the to "advanced search" tool.

You can run the search with NO FILTERS in place.

Doing that will show you every job being posted, in reverese chronological order.

You can view for yourself ALL jobs being posted by clients.

You can decide for yourself:

Which fields have the most demand?

But here's the trick:
You don't want to be in those fields.

A more interesting question is:

Which fields have high demand relative to the supply of freelancers?

Thanks so much for your input, appreciate it.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths