Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which tax form to fill for non US LLC

Active Member
Nodar K Member Since: Mar 18, 2020
1 of 4


I'm registeres on Upwork as a freelancer and would like to use my LLC.
How do I fill the tax information?

I know that I need to fill-in the W8BEN form as a non-US person, but is it the same form form for the non-US LLC?

From the information that I have found, for the LLCs the form is W8BEN-E but that form is not mentionned on the "Tax Information" page on Upwork.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 4

Hi Nodar,


To learn more about the W-8BEN for and how to fill it out, check out this Help Article. I`m not sure what you meant by non-US LLC, but you can add your full legal name or your company name in the form and save it. Thank you.

Active Member
Nodar K Member Since: Mar 18, 2020
3 of 4

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your answer.

By non-US LLC I mean a company that is registered in a country that is not US.


Selection_004.pngThe first sentece in the W-8BEN forma says: "For use by individuals. Entities must use form W-8BEN-E" but the linked Article does not mention that.

So if I want to withdraw the funds from my Upwork account to my company's account should I indicate the company's name or my personal name in the "Tax Information" page?

Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Nodar,


I'd like to clarify that the purpose of the W-8 form on Upwork, under Settings> Tax Info is to confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents or your company name.


If you have questions about reporting your Upwork income to your country's tax authorities please consult a local legal advisor.


View solution in original post