🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Who gets paid: me or an agency?
Page options
kabvlad
Community Member

Who gets paid: me or an agency?

Hi!

I have a freelancer account and I am the owner of an agency.

Recently I took my first contract and I'm not pretty sure what's going to happen with the earn amount. The money will be assigned to my agency account and I will have to withdraw it to my company account (LLC) or I get paid as a freelancer and can withdraw funds to e.g. Payonner?I see the button Get Paid but in my opinion it referrs to me as a freelancer...

I have 2 places where I've added my tax info: on freelancer account and as an agency, but which account will get funds? I'm completely confused...

So the questions are:

1) who gets paid?

2) can I receive money in both ways: to my company's account and to my personal account as a freelancer?

Thanks,

Roman

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Roman,

When you`re hired under your agency the funds will be sent to your agency account and you can withdraw them trough the payment method that you have set up for your agency. 

2) Yes you can receive funds to both profiles. Keep in mind that freelancers and an agency profile are separate profiles and you will be paid on the profile that you got hired on. 
If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Roman,

When you`re hired under your agency the funds will be sent to your agency account and you can withdraw them trough the payment method that you have set up for your agency. 

2) Yes you can receive funds to both profiles. Keep in mind that freelancers and an agency profile are separate profiles and you will be paid on the profile that you got hired on. 
If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Check the attached file, please. Am I hired as a freelancer or as an agency? Because I can see the contract in My Job section under both profiles...

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Roman,

Your were hired under your agency and this is by design at the moment to have the contract listed on both profiles. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths