🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Who should close the contract?
Page options
thgo
Community Member

Who should close the contract?

After a contract is done, work is done and sent, what's the best practice when closing the contract to get feedback: is that ok for me to do this or do I wait for the client to close it?

I feel that if I close all the contracts when work is done I'll loose some score points, is that true?

Thanks,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Thiago,

Typically, freelancers wait for the client to end a contract, and leave feedback. However you are free to end the contract at any time. Rest assured, if you end your contracts and your clients don't leave feedback, the contracts will not be counted on your Job Success Score. You can check out this announcement to learn more.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Thiago,

Typically, freelancers wait for the client to end a contract, and leave feedback. However you are free to end the contract at any time. Rest assured, if you end your contracts and your clients don't leave feedback, the contracts will not be counted on your Job Success Score. You can check out this announcement to learn more.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
rantimi-paul
Community Member

Hello Support, 

My Client paid for the job done, and since then, he went offline and didn't end the contract. After several messages, I have to end it myself. 

My question is 

Will it affect my Job Success Score? 

any progrees ?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths