🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Why Awaiting Milestone, second milstone not a...
Page options
nasir_mehmood70
Community Member

Why Awaiting Milestone, second milstone not active yet ? Client approved payment of first milstone.

I approved fixed price contract with a client. I successfully completed my first milestone and also client approved payment as well. Why second milestone not active yet ? Becuase my client haven't funded second milestone yet OR some other reason ?? I attach image for more detail.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

The client has not funded the second milestone. Make sure you do not work on the contract until the second milestone is funded.

mtngigi
Community Member

Your client has not funded the second milestone yet.

Do not do any more work until the second milestone is funded. It is best to have the job fully funded on the first milestone, because right now, the only money you are guaranteed is the amount the client funded ($40), and that's it.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nasir,

Ask your client to fund the second Milestone in order for you to start working on it.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I don't know what the rule for 2021 is for this problem, but I had a similar one: first milestone completed and paid, but second still inactive. I've tried to reach out for the client but they're unreachable. I don't have a JSS yet, nor I am a rising talent (I'm new). Does it affect my striving towards RT or JSS? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths