🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Why Clients Give 5 Star Public Ratings & Low ...
Page options
atifsadiq7
Community Member

Why Clients Give 5 Star Public Ratings & Low Private Ratings in the Same Job ?

I am Facing this Issue since i am Using this Platform . I have almost 5 Star Ratings in Every Project Except One Project . I have Seen Many Freelancer who have 90 Above Job Success Score with Similar Public Ratings .

I am Wondering why this is Happenning with me , If Client is not Happy with your Work he/she can also give you low Public Rating too . 

May Be Some of the Client are Inexperience & do not know the Effect of Private Ratings .

Please anyone who is Experience enough on the Upwork give me some useful Suggestion how i can get Good Private Ratings similar to Public Ratings .

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Atif S wrote:

I am Facing this Issue since i am Using this Platform . I have almost 5 Star Ratings in Every Project Except One Project . I have Seen Many Freelancer who have 90 Above Job Success Score with Similar Public Ratings .

I am Wondering why this is Happenning with me , If Client is not Happy with your Work he/she can also give you low Public Rating too . 

May Be Some of the Client are Inexperience & do not know the Effect of Private Ratings .

Please anyone who is Experience enough on the Upwork give me some useful Suggestion how i can get Good Private Ratings similar to Public Ratings .

Do a forum search for "JSS" - then spend the next few weeks reading all the thousands of posts.

Alternatively re-read the responses to all your other posts obsessing over your JSS and instead concentrate on choosing your clients very carefully, never taking jobs you don't know you can do perfectly and concentrate on your work, not your JSS, then your JSS will take care of itself.

You'd not be helped in any way if clients gave you public feedback in line with your private feedback...

prestonhunter
Community Member

If your public feedback is inappropriately high, there is a button you can click that allows your client an opportunity to change it.

Preston H wrote:

If your public feedback is inappropriately high, there is a button you can click that allows your client an opportunity to change it.

Thank you Preston. This is truly one of your most helpful posts. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths