🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Why I am not getting clients
Page options
kanyisa22
Community Member

Why I am not getting clients

I am a Shopify developer and designer. More specifically I work with Shopify theme customizations. So I have been registered on Upwork for year and a half this Month, but I have only completed 1 job in 17 months, I am even thinking of giving up. I believe the problem is with my proposals and I've provided an example of how I write proposals. I would be grateful if some showed me a winning Shopify proposal structure or help me with some advice. I have sent countless proposals for countless projects and looked for all kinds of helpful information online but to no avail. Please help me! You can even check my Upwork profile I am open to any helpful advice: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c384dabf9a5c6f7e. And an example of how I write proposals below: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Matt It is exciting to see that you are also working in the E-commerce industry I've helped a number of similar businesses drive customers with Shopify store customizations. You are looking for some who can put a homepage section that you have modified on the product page. I'm a great fit for this role because as you may know, inserting a homepage section on your product page is a simple task, but I go beyond that. How? I go beyond than just inserting a section on your product page, my focus more about how your components are arranged on your page, and what is included because that has a huge impact on your conversions. I ensure that your product pages contain information that caters to your current and prospective customers also being mindful of communicating the consumer benefit for your product’s features. See attached a few testimonials from previous projects similar to what you are looking for in case you are curios. Out of interest what are your most popular products? I'm available on chat or call. Thank you --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please help!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Too rambling. Better get straight to the point. For example: See attached a few testimonials from previous projects similar to what you are looking for in case you are curios. Out of interest what are your most popular products?

Testimonials should be visible on your profile, otherwise there is no point, you could just be making them up. 

Out of interest what are your most popular products?

There is no need to convince the client you are interested, this is redundant, and is presupposed. You wouldn't apply otherwise. 

So, be concise, crisp. Not longwinded and rambling. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Too rambling. Better get straight to the point. For example: See attached a few testimonials from previous projects similar to what you are looking for in case you are curios. Out of interest what are your most popular products?

Testimonials should be visible on your profile, otherwise there is no point, you could just be making them up. 

Out of interest what are your most popular products?

There is no need to convince the client you are interested, this is redundant, and is presupposed. You wouldn't apply otherwise. 

So, be concise, crisp. Not longwinded and rambling. 

kanyisa22
Community Member

Thank you very much, is anything else I can improve on?

Hi Upwork community. I am Shopify Frontend developer I have been registered on Upwork for 17 months now, but I have completed one job. I think my proposals are the problem. Here is how I usually write proposals: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Hi Matt It is exciting to see that you are also working in the E-commerce industry I've helped a number of similar businesses drive customers with Shopify store customizations. You are looking for some who can put a homepage section that you have modified on the product page. I'm a great fit for this role because as you may know, inserting a homepage section on your product page is a simple task, but I go beyond that. How? I go beyond than just inserting a section on your product page, my focus more about how your components are arranged on your page, and what is included because that has a huge impact on your conversions. I ensure that your product pages contain information that caters to your current and prospective customers also being mindful of communicating the consumer benefit for your product’s features. See attached a few testimonials from previous projects similar to what you are looking for in case you are curios. Out of interest what are your most popular products? I'm available on chat or call. Thank you. _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Please help me with any advice so that I can write winning proposals. You can check out my profile here: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c384dabf9a5c6f7e for some advice.

howzzit! I cant say i am good at writting proposals but i can tell you that the few jobs i have managed to get, i did not write more than 7 lines and that is including a hello line at the begining and a thank you or best regards at the end. It somehow made sense to condense what i can do or offer.

Hi Upwork community. I need help on writing wining Shopify proposals. Please help, this is how I usually write proposals: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Hi Frida You need some to help you upload your SKU numbers to your products and you need them within the next 3 hours. I can help with that and can start right away. I am perfect fit for this role because as a Shopify developer and designer my job is to develop or customize Shopify Themes so that you can focus on your business or brand instead of your IT. I can help take the load off you within your desired. If we were to work together here is how I would approach the project: 1. Chat with you to collect your stock keeping unit list. 2. I prefer to do it manually so I can make sure that everything is up to date and working perfectly. Do ho have any questions for me. _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________You can check out my profile here: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c384dabf9a5c6f7e for some advice.
4572c9fe
Community Member

Most of the time, internal causes rather than external ones are to blame for your inability to attract new clients.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

15fa0d07
Community Member

How many proposals are you sending per day ? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths