Did you mean: 

Why I am not getting job?

bonbons
Ace Contributor
Andrey S Member Since: Apr 14, 2018
1 of 16

Hello!

I have got rough issue which I am trying to fight almost a month. Do
ing my best, reading posted job, trying to understand clients requirements and needs before even dialog started. Sending custom cover letter every time for every job. And still 14 of submitted proposals 0 interviews. Even can not get an inteview!

I know that jobs I am trying to get, always got more than 50+ applications. Due to this high amount of applications it is very difficult to get the job when you don’t have a lot of completed orders. It seems the only way  to get work and not be banned is set hourly rate 2$ / h and work for food and 
live on the streets, using free wifi to work

I found people with stories like mine, and they got:

Our decision is based on a careful review and the fact that you have submitted a high number of proposals for jobs on our site without many contracts or earnings. Unfortunately, this means the jobs posted by clients are not a good match for your skills

So even with skills like mine or even better, they were banned forever...

I really need some help, advices, because i have almost all of my connects. 

My prfile is private, because i was not making money for 1 month. Here is photo of profile

joxi_screenshot_1526664274463.png

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 16

Your profile is set set to private. There is little we can do to offer you specific advice.

We can only suggest that you use the Subject search box and look for other threads that have already discussed your question.

bonbons
Ace Contributor
3 of 16

Because i was not making money for 1 month

bonbons
Ace Contributor
4 of 16

Added photo of profile.

bonbons
Ace Contributor
5 of 16

joxi_screenshot_1526664274463.png

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 16

Is that your profile page?

It looks like a laundry list.

bonbons
Ace Contributor
7 of 16

Thank you for your response,  if you think this is an issue, i am gonna clear it. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 16

Hi Andrey,

Profiles are set to private if the freelancer doesn't earn on Upwork for longer than 30 days. However, there are a few easy ways to have the visibility reset. I went ahead and reset your profile visibility for you. Please, log out and back into the Community so other members could access your profile from your Community page.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
bonbons
Ace Contributor
9 of 16

Thank you very much, it is done.  

sergio-soria
Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
10 of 16

Hey Andrey, don't get discouraged! I know it's hard but it's not impossible. First of all, if you are depending on this, if you are desperate, that's a red flag! This is not for people who don't have any kind of income and are starving... You need to have a lot of patience here.

I can't really see much of your profile in that picture, I believe it's too big and the system reduce it. And at the moment I am typing this your profile is still private. All I can see is that you were hired a couple times already and has a portfolio. That's good, but what made me frown is that looooong overview right there. Man, you should shorten that right away! No-one has the time to read all that, especially clients who receive 50 proposals. You also took many tests, but if you have some with average or less than average score I would suggest that you hide those, and also display only tests that are relevant to what you do. I actually don't know what you do so I can't tell.

Don't waste all your connects in one day applying like crazy to everything you see. You must select only the jobs that you know for sure you can do perfectly, and just forget those that have +50 proposals already. You may be applying in an overcrowded area. Finally, don't you ever bid $2 or you will be identified as a "cheap worker" and it's terrible to get over it. You will also find lots of scammers trying to take advantage of you.

Be more selective in your searches and good luck!