Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I am not getting job?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 16

Andrey, there is nothing wrong with your profile, in fact it's pretty good. You have a Rising Talent badge and a good feedback already.

You just need patience now and perseverence. You'll get there, I'm sure.

Grit your teeth and keep doing what you are doing. Don't give up!

bonbons
Ace Contributor
Andrey S Member Since: Apr 14, 2018
12 of 16

Hello, thank you for your reply. 

1 - i reduced info in my profile about stack and tech i used or using.

2 - i am rising talent

3 - has real live projects in portfolio

4 - tests are really good 

joxi_screenshot_1526678887263.png

5 - i am trying to apply for a job that most suits my skills

6 - it seems that everyone seniors and experts in php and js here, so i do not know, if job requried level expert and has 50+ where should i apply than? 2 backs bids has much more submitted proposals. Maybe i am really not suit for upwork market and audience, and i should try other platform or place.  

7 - i spendig slowly, because as i said, i am reading every proposal, and writing cover letters, so spent a lot of time already. It takes about 10-25 minutes to fill cover for specific job. Still as i said, beeing ignored absolutely.

8 - i am not desparate, i can get permanent ban in 10-20 more proposals if they will be ignored like this

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
13 of 16
My advice is concentrate on Laravel jobs for now. Make that your specialty because only a minority of PHP developers are familiar with Laravel. Even if you see 20-50 applicants for a Laravel job, I doubt many of them have completed a Laravel job at Upwork like you have.
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
14 of 16

Hi Andrey,

Now I was able to read your profile. It's good you reduced text in your overview. However, there is a contradictory and negative line at the end. You warn people not to contact you if they need CMS stuff, and immediately after you say "Feel free to contact me." The client might think "Hey, can I contact this guy or not?" Saying "Please, DO NOT write me about any CMS like Wordpress or else." sounds really aggressive. I understand you because I hate CMS stuff too LOL but at the same time, you mention WordPress quite a bit in your employment history and experience. I bet this makes the Upwork algorithm place you together in a group of people who do CMS stuff. "WordPress" works as a keyword in your profile so my suggestion is to get rid of paragraphs containing that word if you hate it that much. Besides, if people read in your profile that you have experience with that it's obvious they will contact you. Eventually if you receive an invitation about that just decline the offer clicking on the option that says you are not interested and that's it. You don't need to be harsh in your overview.

And I don't think you will be banned if your proposals are ignored. Your connects are renewed monthly. If you don't get a job within 30 days your profile turns private and you stop appearing in searches but a client who receives a proposal from you can still see it. And switching back to public is pretty easy anyway. It's not that you are banned from Upwork forever (unless they changed the rules recently and I am not aware of).

Again just be patience. We all have been there. You can try other freelancers platforms of course, they are more or less the same, it's actually better if you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

До свидания

bonbons
Ace Contributor
Andrey S Member Since: Apr 14, 2018
15 of 16

Hello, thank you for your reply. Removed harsh and WordPress experience. About ban, there are a lot of topics like this

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/My-friend-just-got-banned/td-p/456390

sargios
Hany B Member Since: May 19, 2018
16 of 16

me too sometimes I choose only job offers that contained attached task and I complete a part of this task and send attach it with my proposal so the client can be sure that I will complete the job successfully and no response from the client or even a review !!!!

some times I doubt that the client can't see my proposal at all