🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Why I am not hired for any project?
Page options
farrukh_rizwan
Community Member

Why I am not hired for any project?

Hey People!!!

I Have made my upwork account since 1 year ago and I submitted 20 to 30 proposal to diffierent clients but nobody contact me for project.

Any one can help me?

I am also sharing my profile check it please and tell me if any type of improvement needs in my account.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
9b660019
Community Member

Two things I see right away:

1) The first two lines of your profile are simply short greetings. Remove them - clients often see only the first few lines of your profile, and you want to get to the point immediately.

2) You list your English skill as fluent, but the paragraph in your profile is conversational English at best. That's not meant as an insult (you speak three other languages I've only heard of), but the mismatch is likely raising concern with some clients. It might be wiser to downgrade your listed English proficiency, but at least have someone with better written English skills help you rewrite it.

Hopefully with some profile changes your visibility will increase and you can land your first client.

alexis-arinze
Community Member

Rizwan F wrote:

Hey People!!!

I Have made my upwork account since 1 year ago and I submitted 20 to 30 proposal to diffierent clients but nobody contact me for project.

Any one can help me?

I am also sharing my profile check it please and tell me if any type of improvement needs in my account.

Thanks.

Yeah.. It doesn't seem like you were honest about your English proficiency. Your profile is filled with grammar errors. I would put 'Basic' for English if I were you. Clients also tend to be offput by profile descriptions that contain too many errors. It might show that you don't care enough. I would work on revising it before you do anything else. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths