» Forums » New to Upwork » Why I am unable to send a private message
Page options
ghotemanoj
Community Member

Why I am unable to send a private message

Hello,

Why I have to get this error message when I clicking on envelope icon

-------------
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.
--------------

please help me.

Thanks
Manoj

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manoj, 

Usually, users will need to have posted in the Community before being able to send private message to other users. Is there anything we can help you with?

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
davil0
Community Member

Need member ship upgrade
petra_r
Community Member

@Manoj G wrote:

Hello,

Why I have to get this error message when I clicking on envelope icon

-------------
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.
--------------

Why do you need to send a private message?  This is not "Customer Support" - The people on this forum are fellow freelancers and clients. They don't tend to appreciate strangers sending them messages with their questions.

If you have a question, ask in a postor contact Support.

@Sazzad Hossain C wrote:
Need member ship upgrade

Nonsense!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manoj, 

Usually, users will need to have posted in the Community before being able to send private message to other users. Is there anything we can help you with?

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks, Right now I am able to send a message.
mjayjay
Community Member

I am actually experiencing the issue discussed in this thread right now, as I cannot contact my mentor via personal message, and neither can he contact me at this point.

I hope that now that I have posted this comment here in the community the issue will be resolved. It’s quite annoying, indeed.
lysis10
Community Member

Milenitta J wrote:
I am actually experiencing the issue discussed in this thread right now, as I cannot contact my mentor via personal message, and neither can he contact me at this point.

I hope that now that I have posted this comment here in the community the issue will be resolved. It’s quite annoying, indeed.

Your mentor is on the forum? uh oh oh dear.

mjayjay
Community Member

No, he is not on the forum. 

I wrote this message as a repsonse to this one: 

"Hi Manoj,

Usually, users will need to have posted in the Community before being able to send private message to other users. Is there anything we can help you with?"

-Avery"

I am simply hoping that by adding a comment here in the community this could be the resolution for my issues with not being able to neither send nor to receive a personal message, so that I can sign my contract.

Obviously, I may be thinking in the wrong direction altogether by adding my message here BUT I am totally new to Upwork (my profile got finally approved literally 2 days ago), so if what I am writing here doesn't really make perfect sense - well, uh oh oh DEAR I am still a beginner.

Hi Milenitta,

Please note that you are referring to Avery's message from 2 years ago. Our Community settings did change in the meantime and the option to send a private message in the Community is available to all users shortly after joining Community (unless they disabled the option in their settings).

With that being said, could you please send me a private message with more information on your question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
966ddba8
Community Member

I am having the same issue and very frustrated as I just want to hire someone to help me with a project. You would think that it would be easy for me to reach out to the freelancer I am eager to speak with. 

Hi Stephanie,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'd be happy to assist you with your concern. I would just like to confirm, are you having issues with sending an offer to the freelancer? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yeah i am unable to send messages whats going on

Hi Jeremy, 

Could you please confirm if you meant sending a private message to a moderator? It would be best to share your concern here so that the moderator at the time of your posting can assist you more efficiently. 

Since I'm the moderator available now, I wanted to check if you need help with your account? 

~ Avery
Upwork
76e0541b
Community Member

Does this message count?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tianyao, 

Are you referring to private messages? Once you register on the Upwork Community, you should be able to send a private message within an hour. 

Do you need help with anything? 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths