🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Why Upwork Charging Too much Charges for Arti...
Page options
052e1889
Community Member

Why Upwork Charging Too much Charges for Artist

Hello all of you ,
This is a common Question But For me this is Feeling like coolie Or labor because I just finished one job and the price is 200$ . I did work on that project for a week but after finishing I will earn 150$ where my more 30$ or 40$. I can understand if there any charge they will apply i am ready to pay that also but i don't know if anyewere charging hap price for someone else's hard work . Here doing hard work artists but upwork earning more than artist . 

Ok we can understand one thing , but here have another things like we are paying 15$ for 100 connects or many other offers is there . I realy like upwork but now things are completely change its too huge amount they are charging . we are ready to pay but not like this . Artists are spending time And artists are serving the  clients  but artists are not earning good enough for their hard work . I hope the Upwork team can point out these things and they will change some things on Upwork . make upwork artist friendly . We can earn together .   
Thank you 

Swapnil G 

4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

All freelancers are being charged the same fees here, so why do you think that only artists should pay less? If you're not making enough money, the solution is to charge more. You can set your rates to whatever you like, so if you wanted to earn $200 for the project that you just completed, you should have added Upwork's fee to that and charged $250 instead. That's how it's supposed to work.

Thank you , fo Take some presious time to ans this i appriciate it . but the problem is in 3d modeling tasks many clients starts with lower price and they want higher quality work but in resable price .

when i was started work on project the client decides one rate on 1st discussion and when i complete task that time he incresed count of models and priced himself and incresed just 20$ for extra work . if i say anything to him before getting feedback then may be he is getting me wrong feedback . so my point is The artist has to bear in any case.

its to high. may be you can afford this but not same condition for evryone . also many options for client profile . like choose specific area , or according profile ratings , according language and many more etc. so let me know how many opportunites will have left ? for just 1 or two projects we are not here . 

759e32fa

Hi Swapnil,

As a freelancer, you’ll pay a sliding fee based on your total lifetime billings with a client. Because we want to give you the flexibility to change contract types as you work together, we count all your contracts with a client –– whether hourly, fixed-price, or a Project Catalog project. (There are a few exceptions, see here).

Here’s how it works:

• $0-$500 in earnings from a client: 20% service fee applied to earnings
  • $500.01-$10,000 in earnings from a client: 10% service fee
  • $10,000.01 or more in earnings from a client: 5% service fee

Example: On a $600 project with a new client, your freelancer service fee would be 20% on the first $500 and 10% on the remaining $100. Your earnings after fees would be $490.

So you can reduce the service fee by working with the same client.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths