🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Why am I need being notified of new messa...
Page options
rheckart
Community Member

Why am I need being notified of new messages?

I've had this issue happen at least two times now. Clients message me through the Upwork application. I receive NO alerts on my Upwork mobile app, my Mac app OR email. Nothing. When I went in and checked today, I discovered that my client had messaged me 24 hours ago.

Why is this happening and how can this stop?

And by the way, I dropped the box down and chose Freelancers multiple times. It put my message in New to Upwork.

7 REPLIES 7
tgstudio
Community Member

This has been an ongoing problem for a long time. That’s why it best to not only check your email and the app for messages but login online as well throughout the day.

Thanks for the reply. As a part-time freelancer, this is problematic to log in and check the actual website daily. Upwork should really fix its systems so that this doesn't happen.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charles, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience. Before I proceed, I wanted to check if you tried basic troubleshooting such as re-installing both apps, to see if the issue persists? 

~ Avery
Upwork
rheckart
Community Member

I have not, since as I indicated, this is happening with email as well. I'm
using Gmail and the web interface. And why would this happen with ALL of
the apps? I could see one of them maybe being corrupt, but BOTH the Mac AND
the mobile app?

This is also a sporadic issue. Sometimes I get the messages all three
places quickly and sometimes, I just don't. If you want an example, look at
the client's message to me on 2/20/19 at 4:40PM Eastern Time I guess.

rheckart
Community Member

I just had this happen to me again tonight. Was trying to schedule a meeting with my client, who was on a tight time constraint. The notifications were working for a little, then stopped worked for him. I ended up waiting on the line because he didn't get the message. Smiley Sad

Basically you want people to stay in the Upwork ecosystem for messages and comms, but the system are sub-par. People don't want to use the Voice or Video offerings. The time I did try and use them, people couldn't connect, time was wasted and we ended up using another solution.

I'm a software dev - do you want to offer me a contract to work on fixing these things? Smiley Frustrated

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charles, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I have shared this issue with the Customer Support team, and they will reach out to you directly through an email to assist you further. If you have other information that can help the team investigate it further, you may share it on the same email thread. 

~ Avery
Upwork
yeasir_arafat_13
Community Member

This happens to me on my Mobile app too.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths