🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Why am I not getting any jobs?
Page options
koc-zeynep
Community Member

Why am I not getting any jobs?

Hello there! I have completed two jobs on Upwork and two outside the Upwork. I have included all of them in my portfolio. I also have a feedback on my profile. I apply to translation jobs but somehow I do not get any of them. I include my CV in my proposals, I stay up almost all night to bid as soon as the job was posted but still cannot get any jobs. What can I do?
4 REPLIES 4
shahriariqbal56
Community Member

Hi Zeynep, your Upwork profile seems to be private at the moment. So people other than the ones you have submitted a proposal to can't view your profile. If you can, check the "visibility" settings of your profile and set it to "public". It would definitely increase your chances of getting more views from potential clients outside the ones you have already submitted a proposal.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Upwork is filled with thousands of freelancers who may never get work here.  Many of them are translators too.  Completing two is an accomplishment.  While I cannot review your profile as it is set to private I can tell you to keep trying.  Perhaps expand your skillset.  

Hello, it’s been a long time and I have requested Upwork to set my profile visible now and it’s visible. I really don’t understand why it happens, I provide my CV and my IB diploma, I give a reasonable deadline and I have reviews on my profile. What else can I do?

Zeynep K wrote:
Hello, it’s been a long time and I have requested Upwork to set my profile visible now and it’s visible. I really don’t understand why it happens, I provide my CV and my IB diploma, I give a reasonable deadline and I have reviews on my profile. What else can I do?

Upwork sets your profile to private when you haven't received payments in 30 days.  A simple email to customer service sets it back to public.  It doesn't mean you can't apply to jobs but you won't be found in search results.  

As for your profile, you need a bit more umph.  I also don't know how many jobs there are on Upwork asking for translation from English to Turkish and vice versa.  Explore other platforms and perhaps expand your skills.  

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths