🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Why am I not getting hired It's been 5 da...
Page options
ankukhunger22
Community Member

Why am I not getting hired It's been 5 days since joining the great platform upwork.

I have been sending proposals carefully, selectively but not able to pan out. Some are asking for 90% success rate but what about a new one freelancer who still waiting for his first job on upwork!! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sumit K wrote:

I have been sending proposals carefully, selectively but not able to pan out. Some are asking for 90% success rate but what about a new one freelancer who still waiting for his first job on upwork!! 

5 days is nothing.

The vast majority of freelancers who join the platform never win a job. It is an incredibly competitive environment.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Sumit K wrote:

5 days is nothing.

The vast majority of freelancers who join the platform never win a job. It is an incredibly competitive environment.

Yes, Indeed it is.

nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Sumit,

Petra's right. Everyone experiences that even our highest paid freelancers. Don't lose hope yet. You might want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, also to help you with your profile, to help you boost your career on Upwork:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

Let me know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

Thank you for responding.

I have not given up. I hope  soon I will get a very good job.
Can anyone let me know is there anything wrong with my profile?

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sumit K wrote:

If you search for full stack developer freelancers, you will find 45K profiles (not including the ones set to private) of which 31K have no earnings yet. This is your competition. 

Not saying that it's impossible to win jobs, but if you expect to get hired within the first few days, you have to adjust your expectations. Don't worry about the 90% success rate, you can still apply to jobs. 

Once they implement paying for connects in April/May, your competition will decrease.

Thank you Martina,
Hopefully I will get it soon.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths