🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Why can't clients see my proposal?
Page options
javokhir_boxod43
Community Member

Why can't clients see my proposal?

Hello.

I am very happy to send my worries to the community center.

I submitted all my proposals to the clients.

But no body didn't answer and give me an opportunity to have an interview.

So I worry that there is an issue in my account.

Today I sent my last proposal to the job.

I want to know if my proposal was included in the client's list.

Job title is  "T**Edited for Community Guidelines**".

The client is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Also I want to know the order in the list if existing.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Wishes

Thank you.

Makhmudov.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tamashita
Community Member

Hi Makhmudov, maybe you are applying to jobs where you do not meet all the preffered qualifications of the clients' (e.g. - 1,000 hours worked, freelancers with rising talent status, etc.), just check it because this might be the reason. If you do not meet all the preffered qualifications your proposals may not show to the client in their primary proposals box. Upwork shows in first place the proposals which meet all preferences of the clients, and under this one there is another box which says that those proposals do not meet all of their preffered qualifications. So client might not even open and read them!

As an advice - try to apply to newly posted jobs, which have a few proposals yet, chances will be higher of getting interviewed in your case!

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Makhmudov,

I just checked your account and everything is working perfectly. All of your proposals are showed on the client side, keep in mind that the clients are interviewing and hiring freelancers.

You can check out this thread where you can find all of the information needed about getting started here. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran, can you please check mine as well?

Hi there,

Everything looks to be working as designed with your account. Could you please confirm what the issue is?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Andrea, Thanks for checking out my account. I wanted to ensure that nothing was wrong with it because I seem to be having the same problems as the freelancer who created this thread. Also, I've had to recently apply for my profile to be made visible. I had no idea it was invisible and would've remained in the dark if I didn't stumble upon it. That's why I wanted a moderator to reassure me that it's working the way it's supposed to. Since you've checked and there's nothing wrong with my account, I'll take your word for it.

Hello, I applied to a job post and was fortunately interviewed. I had to change the original proposal to fix the rate but afterwards, the client said he cannot find my proposal. I withdrew this proposal and submitted a new one (using a new set of connects). Still, client doesn’t see my proposal.

Hi Maria Lorna,

Could you please send me a PM with the job post link so I can check? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Facing the similar issue. 
Please check profile

Hi Preeti,

Are you referring to your proposals? If yes, I can confirm that everything is working as designed.

I can also suggest to check out our resources here and learn more about how to improve your profile and your proposals. 
If you were referring to something else, feel free to follow up with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I replied to a clients job post. She has mentioned her email id as well. I mailed her and sent job response on Upwork too. She Mailed me back that she cant see my response to her query whereas I duly responded and my credits also got debited

Don't email clients. If you see an email in a job post, flag it for violation. 

Hello Goran, can you please check mine too?

Hi Adelina,

Your profile is working as designed as well and clients can view your proposals. To learn more about how to improve your profile and your proposals, check out our resources here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran, Would you please check mine too?

I've submitted almost 70+ proposals and the proposals viewed by clients are just 10. Also, My availability badge is open but I haven't received any invitation from clients till now. I lost many connects, but didn't get my desired result. Please let me know if there has any issue with my account or my proposal?

Thank you

Hi Ajijul,

It is not always a guarantee that clients would respond to every proposal submitted for the project; however, submitting proposals consistently increases your chances of winning a job. Whenever the freelancer submits a proposal, their proposal and profile are all available for the client to review. Please know that the hiring decision is up to the client, and we cannot influence this. 

You’ll find a list of essential resources hereBelow there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you as well:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.
We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Can you please check my profile if everything is working properly. Because I got two jobs pretty easily and completed. Clients gave me good review. But after that i have applied for so many proposals but not receiving any responses. I have a feeling that my propsal are not visible to clients. Can you please check? I am feeling kjnd of frustrated.

Hi SADI,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked the proposals you've sent and can confirm that the clients have received them. If you also go to your My Stats page and scroll down to Analytics, you can select "Proposals" on the dropdown list. I saw that for the last seven days, out of the twelve proposals that you've sent, seven were viewed.

As Joanne said, it is not always a guarantee that clients would respond to every proposal submitted for the project; however, submitting proposals consistently increases your chances of winning a job. The hiring decision is up to the client, and we cannot influence this. 

You may want to check the help articles she provided above for guidance

~ AJ
Upwork

It's like a small lottery, your number will come. If there was a guaranteed way to get work, everyone would be doing it.

Hi, I worked in another profession on Upwork, after a while I changed my profession and I want to work in my new profession on Upwork. Since I can't create different accounts, I work from the old one, where I have a working history in another profession. Can you tell me if my references will be visible to the client if my work history does not match the job offer?

Hello Nastya,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes, your work history will still be visible to clients. 

You may want to consider creating specialized profiles. With specialized profiles, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Goran, can you check mine as well, please?

Hello Goran, can you check mine too. Thank you.

Hello Ruth,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked and can confirm that all your proposals are sent to the clients and there are no bugs or issues that prevent them from receiving them.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Goran, can you check mine too. Thank you

Hello,

I have the same issue. I think there is a problem with my account. I had a problem with location verification and I provided the documents, the problem is solved now. But since then I can't get interviews. 
Every day I submit applications with no response.
I say there is a problem because when I apply and come back to the project, I see that the number of proposals has not changed as if what I send does not reach the client.
Please help me, I'm a beginner and I really want it to work.

Hi Thierno,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and I can confirm that your proposals are received on the job posts. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Out of 13 proposal, I am unable to get any client view, I have tried all strategies and applied for 100% relavent jobs to my profile

tamashita
Community Member

Hi Makhmudov, maybe you are applying to jobs where you do not meet all the preffered qualifications of the clients' (e.g. - 1,000 hours worked, freelancers with rising talent status, etc.), just check it because this might be the reason. If you do not meet all the preffered qualifications your proposals may not show to the client in their primary proposals box. Upwork shows in first place the proposals which meet all preferences of the clients, and under this one there is another box which says that those proposals do not meet all of their preffered qualifications. So client might not even open and read them!

As an advice - try to apply to newly posted jobs, which have a few proposals yet, chances will be higher of getting interviewed in your case!

Hello.

Thank you for your advice.

I agree with you.

But in my case 10 days ago, my rising talent badge was removed suddenly.

Upwork community center says that I will get job success instead of it.

The problem is that when I am going to post new job, client needs rising talent.

So it seems that all posted job are not matched for me.

How can I deal with this problem?

I look forward to hearing advice from you again.

Thank you.

Makhmudov.

Rising talent is a preference but never a requirement.  Be sure that you stress your experience and expertise, on and off of Upwork.

Hi All,

I have submitted 13 proposals which met eligible criteria of posting in prescribed format during last 13 days but surprisingly none of my submitted proposals were viewed by clients.Is there are any specific reason for not viewing my proposals.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar.

Hi Sivakumar,

I would like to clarify that freelancers do not have the option to see if their proposals were reviewed by clients.
However, I can confirm that your account is working as designed and clients can view your proposals on their end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your reply!

But under Mystats > Marketing Effectiveness Section - Message says
'Your profile
was discovered *0 times* last week. (Almost the same as previous week) '.
This is surprising to me and made me feel why none of my submitted
proposals were viewed.

Thanks Goran for your response!

But under Mystats >  Marketing Effectiveness Section - Message says 'Your profile was discovered 0 times last week. (Almost the same as previous week) '. This is surprising to me and made me feel why none of my submitted proposals were viewed.Is Profile views chart provided in Marketing Effectiveness Section based on submitted proposals?

Hi Sivakumar,

The Marketing Effectiveness metric tracks the number of people who have viewed your profile in search results daily, in the past 30 days. You can learn more about how each metric in your My Stats page works here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I submitted 4 Proposal with best quality. I spent 30 mins time in each proposal to make it perfect. 
But still I didn't get any response. Mostly All Jobs are expired without hiring. 
Also I have Freelancer plus membership but still My profile is not visible to client and Profile view showing 0 count. 
It would be great, if you can review my profile once. 

46d8e1e9
Community Member

Hi
During the last month, I have faced a lot of bugs and issues on Upwork. The issues were resolved by the support team but now I want any of the moderators to please have a look at my profile and let me know if it's working properly I have submitted a lot of proposals in the last month but the clients are not responding at all (even not viewing my single proposal).

Waiting for the response asap
Thanks

Hi Mohsin,

Thank you for your message. I do not see any issue with your Upwork account. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

Okay, Sure Pradeep. I will go through these articles and see if it works
Thanks

Hello Goran, can you please check mine as well? Since clients stopped responding to my proposals in the last two months. Before that I never had a problem, I was very satisfied with responding and I have a good work history. I am worried that maybe I am not visible anymore to clients...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths