cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why client ended the contract without discussing the problem

Highlighted
Elisa K Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
1 of 8

I just started working on this platform and I had this contract started only a week ago. My client is on the other side of the world so that time difference is quite long. So before I started the first job I asked if there's a deadline for that project and he said no just do it when you have time. So since I started immediately and already had the schedule/ appointment set since before I got the job, I had to find the time to work on it. These appointments were very important, one is related with my residence permit and the other one is a job interview. Also during the afternoon, I have a course that takes 4 hours each day. 

The communication with the client was all good, he gave me advice and tell me to do some revisions and I did it. But since I had those appointments and course during the day, I did it at night and I didn't give any reason to the client because for me it's not nice to always give reasons. Then after a week, the client ended the contract without saying anything. I tried to contact but he didn't answer. Now I have to give a feedback, what should I do?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 8

Clients are not required to discuss problems with freelancers before ending a contract.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 8

You are not obligated to give feedback.

You may give feedback and see the client's feedback immediately.

Or you may decline to give feedback, and wait two weeks to see the client's feedback.

Or you may click appropriate star ratings on everything for the feedback, and leave comments blank, and submit feedback without thinking about it too much, and then you will immediately be able to see the client-provided feedback.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
4 of 8

Thank you for the advice. I had done the feedback and so far it wasn't a good experience for me. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 8

A consequence of misrepresenting yourself is that it catches up to you quickly. It's really important for noobs to do things they know that they can do and have experience doing it.

If you have no real world experience, you're gonna have a bad time. College isn't real world experience either. Neither is interning.

Highlighted
6 of 8

Sorry Mam, but I had real world experiences in my field. I might look young but please don't judge by what you see on the pic. lol 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 8

I'm going by your profile which seems to suggest you were a TA and did some interning.

Highlighted
8 of 8
Yes it's because I didn't put all of my achievements here as a fashion stylist and designer in the real life Just joined this platform 2 weeks ago. Sorry to make it seems like an interning.