🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Why doesn't clients give me a chance for ...
Page options
javokhir_boxod43
Community Member

Why doesn't clients give me a chance for interviewing?

Hello.

I am very happy to send my opinions to your upwork community center.

I came to upwork a month ago and did 4 jobs perfectly.

So the clients who worked with me left amazing feedback for me.

But recently I find that my account have some problems.

I submitted more than 20 proposals. But nobody gave me a chance to interview me.

What's the reason? Is there an issue in my account?

Probably I think clients can't see me on proposal lists they received.

Please take me carefully.

Please check my account in and out.

Please send me the detail result of checking.

I am very upset these days.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Thank you.

Makhmudov. 

4 REPLIES 4
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Makhmudov,

I can confirm that nothing has changed since the last time I and another moderator have checked your proposals. I have taken another look again now and see that your proposals are functioning as they should and visible to the clients.

The very nature of freelancing is such that invitations for work fluctuate with certain times being busier and more lucrative, and other times not as much. Other seasoned freelancers may weigh in on this and provide more advice. I would encourage you to keep applying to jobs that you feel are a perfect fit, with very well-written proposals.

~Nina

Thank you for your advice.

But I have one problem what I can't understand.

I submitted one proposal for job which title is **Edited for Community Guidelines** . But I can see the number of proposals on this job "Less than 5".

Morever the interviewing number is 4.

Where am I?

I am worried whether I disturb you or not.

Anyway please check the proposal list and try to find me on that.

Why did he interview other freelancers except me?

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Best Wishes.

Thank you.

Makhmudov.

He's not interviewing you. He's interviewing others. You didn't interest him or her for whatever reason. Don't worry about it. Move on. No one can tell you why a client isn't interested in you. Just move on to someone else.

Asking Upwork to check your proposals is a bit much. They can't tell you what a client is thinking. You'll never know.

Just assume you won't get the job. That's what I do. I never check back to see what the client is doing. If they want to contact me, they can. I don't think I'm so great that Upwork needs to personally intervene on my part. Stop bothering customer service about this because it isn't a problem. Submit your proposal and move on. Don't check back. You'll know if a client is interested because they'll contact you.

Edit- I re-read my reply. I do apologize if it sounded harsh. But it cannot be good for your sanity to constantly obsess over what a random client is thinking. You'll feel much better if you treat every application as though youprobably won't get the job, but if you do; great! 

Apply to jobs that are a good fit and never look back at the job. Try it. it might be hard for you at first, but you have to stop worrying about this. Some people won't want to hire you. Most clients won't want to hire you. You have to be OK with that to survive freelancing. I know I may sound short here, but I wanted you to know that I genuinely want you to not worry about this, as it cannot be good for you. Eventually, this obsession will take over your drive to do your job. You have to be OK with clients preferring other freelancers to survive here and freelancing in general.

Sometimes, you'll even get interviewed and then the client will stop messaging you. This is OK, too. It means They've found someone else. Learn to accept this, and your life will be much simpler.

holymell
Community Member

There is probably nothing wrong. That's how freelancing works. You'll either have ten jobs or zero. It ebbs and flows.

Even after freelancing for years, I have slow periods. I think everyone here can attest to that.

Just be patient and only apply to jobs you're 100% sure you can do. Don't get desperate and start applying to everything remotely related to your skill set.

Tell the client how you can solve their problem. A brief "hi, my name is (your name) and here's what I can do to fix (insert client's problem).

If you're using a bunch of space in your proposals to introduce yourself and list your qualifications, the client will likely skip over your proposal. Don't really talk much about yourself. Talk about their problem and what you'll do to fix it. That's been the best method for me, anyway.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths