🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Why every job I view has thumbs down icon?
Page options
naseeam
Community Member

Why every job I view has thumbs down icon?

Every job I view on upwork has thumbs down icon next to it.  Does this mean that my skills don't match the job description.  Would it be a waste of time to submit proposals for jobs that have thumbs down icon?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

I believe you are misinterpreting what you are seeing.

If this is what you are seeing:

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 8.26.39 PM.png

...then you should know that this is a standard pair of buttons next to all job postings.

This has nothing to do with you.

This has nothing to do with the job.

The "heart" button lets you put a job into your "saved jobs" list, so that you can easily find it later. Presumably because you are thinking about applying, but do not have time to do so now.

The "thumbs down" button can be used to remove the job from your job feed, and possibly indicate that you believe that jobs like this one are not what you're interested in. Maybe the job feed will be less preferential toward jobs like that in the future.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

I believe you are misinterpreting what you are seeing.

If this is what you are seeing:

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 8.26.39 PM.png

...then you should know that this is a standard pair of buttons next to all job postings.

This has nothing to do with you.

This has nothing to do with the job.

The "heart" button lets you put a job into your "saved jobs" list, so that you can easily find it later. Presumably because you are thinking about applying, but do not have time to do so now.

The "thumbs down" button can be used to remove the job from your job feed, and possibly indicate that you believe that jobs like this one are not what you're interested in. Maybe the job feed will be less preferential toward jobs like that in the future.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, Preston!

Hi Amer, I would like to confirm what Preston shared. Clicking on the "thumbs-down" button signals the system that you would not like to see similar jobs in your job feed. Clicking on the button will hide the job from your feed.

~ Avery
Upwork
bae4c842
Community Member

Hello Avery O.
I also seem to be seeing fewer jobs that are suitable for me after a few click on 'thumbs down' in the job feed. How can I clear this filter for my profile so I can see all types of work again?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths