🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Why have I not gotten a job?
Page options
tunji0906
Community Member

Why have I not gotten a job?

Hi, I have been registered on the platform for over 3months and I’ve never gotten a job. I have applied for so many without much responses.

I am a marketing professional who is skilled in, digital marketing, preparing marketing strategy plans, competitive analysis, market research and so on.

I am also Nigerian, can this be a factor?

Is there a particular thing I need to do to get my first job?
7 REPLIES 7
jatin_parihar
Community Member

Hello Olatunji O

All the freelancer's are equal in this platform my friend client only need your excellent skills.

It is difficult to win clients for newcomers but you have to work with patience.

If You have skills then you don't need to worry you will definitely success.Smiley Happy

-- Don't give up -- Push your limits

Yeah, I get that.

But how do I get my first job?

Olatunji O wrote:
Yeah, I get that.

But how do I get my first job?

Thank you for posting. Means a lot for T&S.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
holly79
Community Member

Hi Olatunji,

don't see any examples of past work of your profile, and your price per hour is pretty low, which could suggest you are not confident in your skills, you are just starting out, or both. When I started a few years ago my price per hour was $10 and I didn't have many samples either. I wasn't a huge fan of the work I got. But the work I was offered helped in the long run. Eventually, I found it was a direct result of those two factors above. At the very least add some work you have completed in the past. Good luck!!!  

Thanks for this. I’ll try it out.

I never thought my pricing might be a problem. I had the mindset that a lower price would probably help in getting jobs faster.

This is a really helpful insight

Olatunji O wrote:
Thanks for this. I’ll try it out.

I never thought my pricing might be a problem. I had the mindset that a lower price would probably help in getting jobs faster.

This is a really helpful insight

This freelancer is no longer on the platform.  Low price = cheap work.  You also won't attract quality clients.  Perhaps apply for jobs in other areas of the world.  US jobs are highly competitive.  

Robin H wrote:

This freelancer is no longer on the platform.  

No he's not here anymore. It was a stolen profile so he got the boot.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths