🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Why is my account suspended?
Page options
75fd3995
Community Member

Why is my account suspended?

What happened?  I'm seeking a dissertation editor.  I. upgraded in order to send more invitations.  Upwork took the payment then immediately suspended my listing. I do not understand what happened.  Who can help me?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jody:

I believe your job posting tripped some automated keyword-based filters in Upwork's system.

You may need to re-word your job posting in order to avoid triggering those filters.

I suggest trying to explain your need for an editor by describing the topic of the work that will be edited, rather than referring to a "dissertation." Upwork does not want clients to hire freelancers to do their homework for them. If you can re-word your job posting in a way that doesn't make the automated filters think that's going on, you may be able to post without any problems.

crayhernandez
Community Member

Hi Jody,

I checked your account, and can see that there is an open ticket regarding this concern. We would recommend that you continue communicating with the team through the support ticket as they are more equipped to help you with the hold placed on your account. If you have further questions, or need more information, you may post it on the same ticket thread and the team will get back to you soon. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths