cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why is my on going job not being shown on my profile?

Highlighted
Zain T Member Since: Apr 22, 2017
1 of 3

Hello,

I am new to upwork. I recently landed a client for whom I will be working on an ongoing basis. I need to know the following:
1- How can I bill my client for the hours worked?

2- Can I get a review from him for an ongoing job? Because I intend to work for him for a very long time, I am not sure if I can get a review from him before ending the contract. Or is it possible?

3- When I go to profiles of other freelancers I can see their ongoing jobs. But when I go to my profile I can't see any active job. Even though I have one active.

-Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kanwal F Member Since: Apr 20, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

1. You don't need to bill hours to client. Just use upwork team app to record the working hours. The client will be automatically billed at the end of weekly billing cycle for the hours worked. check this suppport link: 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068288-Hourly-Protection-for-Freelancers.

2. If you intend to work for him ongoing and want to get his feedback. You need to to tell him to end the contract and rehire you for the next so you can get feedback,. He can rehire you for another contract. 

3. Ongoing jobs or job in progress are displayed once you earn some money means have received payment for hours. And funds are available to you after 5 days security period then this will be displayed on your profile. 

View solution in original post

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 3

Be sure that you have an Upwork contract and that it shows on your "My Jobs" tab.  Always be sure the client's payment method is verified, too.  Don't begin working until both of these things are in place.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS