cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no one hires me? - ¿Por qué nadie me contrata?

Highlighted
Miguel H Member Since: Apr 18, 2017
1 of 7

I have been offering my services for almost a week and no one hired me, i changed my photo, improved my profile ... I have tried already in more than 10 jobs and nobody has even answered me and I feel quite frustrated, i try to put very low prices and to give clear information of which are my abilities, i have experience in all the works to which i have postulated. I speak Spanish and can defend myself well with English.

Llevo casi una semana ofreciendo mis servicios y nadie me contrata, he cambiado mi foto, mejorado mi perfil... He intentado ya en mas de 10 trabajos y nadie siquiera me ha respondido ya me siento bastante frustrado, trato de poner precios muy bajos y de dar informacion clara de cuales son mis habilidades, tengo experiencia en todos los trabajos a los que me he postulado. Hablo español y me puedo defender bien con el ingles.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Miguel:
You only have one portfolio piece on your profile page.

This means that you don't actually care about getting hired as a freelancer on Upwork.

Miguel H Member Since: Apr 18, 2017
3 of 7

Excuse my ignorance, I'm new to this freelancer, I did not understand the importance of the porfalio but it complicates me a little since I have worked with anteroiridad in different projects but hired in companies ... Do you have any other advice to improve my profile ?

The information of the places where I worked put it in employment history.

Community Guru
Kanwal F Member Since: Apr 20, 2015
4 of 7

Try to expand your profile overview by elaborting services you can do for clients in the context " what value you can deliver to them".

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 7

Miguel, more pieces in the portfolio would be nice, taking Spanish, English, or translation tests might also be worthwhile, but you have to be patient, especially if you're applying for translation jobs because competition is fierce I believe. You may have better luck applying for writing jobs. And I commend you for honestly stating your English level is conversational. You actually write better English than many freelancers who claim to be fluent, but you make mistakes here and there. For example, in your post you wrote, "I speak Spanish and can defend myself well with English.", when maybe you meant "I speak Spanish and can express myself well with English."

6 of 7

Improve your profile page by adding many excellent examples of your work to your portfolio.

Create new pieces of work specifically for your portfolio. You are not limited only to pieces you were paid for.

Demonstrate your skill! Take time to "work for yourself" by creating work that is the type you would like to get paid for.

Arkadiy K Member Since: May 4, 2016
7 of 7

you didn't get hired because Upwork is down, I didnt have job on upwork for about 1 year. I have top rated badge on upwork and 100% success but no one cares about that, all my proposals still ignored. No matter if you new or top rated... this platform falled down for me, and for many of my colleague. Greedy destroyed this platform

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS