🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Why not getting response?
Page options
rubina_mushtaq
Community Member

Why not getting response?

In more than 3million jobs aal around the world, why I am not getting the one???  This is my profile, I have taken almost all the modifications yet not succeeded.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0196d64e1a828062c2

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Viacheslav K wrote:

Why is ghostwritting even legal on upwork?

Why in the world wouldn't it be? And what do you mean by "legal"? In which jurisdiction is it against any law? 

Viacheslav K wrote:

I don't think that if I were to market myself as "I'll write code for you and you can credit it as you've written it yourself" would be accepted.

Of course it would. Once paid for, it's the client's to do with as they please unless agreed otherwise.

There is nothing wrong with ghostwriting per se, it is against no rules and violates no terms of service, let alone any laws.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
petra_r
Community Member

Rubina Y wrote:

In more than 3million jobs aal around the world-

There aren't 3 million jobs.

Rubina Y wrote:

... why I am not getting the one???  This is my profile, I have taken almost all the modifications yet not succeeded.

It may be that you need to find a different niche. I don't honestly think Writing is "your thing". Do you have any marketable skills you are good at?

For most people, writing is an avocation.

Meaning: Something they do for fun, not something that they do to earn money.

Why is ghostwritting even legal on upwork? I mean, writing sure, but I don't think that if I were to market myself as "I'll write code for you and you can credit it as you've written it yourself" would be accepted.

petra_r
Community Member

accidental double post 

petra_r
Community Member

Viacheslav K wrote:

Why in the world wouldn't it be? And what do you mean by "legal"? In which jurisdiction is it against any law? 

Viacheslav K wrote:

I don't think that if I were to market myself as "I'll write code for you and you can credit it as you've written it yourself" would be accepted.

Of course it would. Once paid for, it's the client's to do with as they please unless agreed otherwise.

There is nothing wrong with ghostwriting per se, it is against no rules and violates no terms of service, let alone any laws.

2a05aa63
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Viacheslav K wrote:

Viacheslav K wrote:

Writing academic work is prohibited, isn't it? Why would this be fine? Sure, the client can do what they want with the work they paid for. But it's obscene to me to do work for someone whom you know is going to do this. And not even that but work ONLY for those types of clients. It's like an artist on the street would sell you a portrait only if you agree to lie to everyone that you've drawn it.

petra_r
Community Member

Viacheslav K wrote:

Writing academic work is prohibited, isn't it? 

Ghostwriting isn't academic work.

"Academic FRAUD" is forbidden, completely different thing.

Viacheslav K wrote:

Why would this be fine? 

Why wouldn't it?

Ghostwriting is perfectly acceptable in the literary world. Do you really think all those celebrities write their own autobiographies? (Some do, of course)

Viacheslav K wrote:

But it's obscene to me to do work for someone whom you know is going to do this. .

I really don't see why.  It is a normal category of writing, not just on Upwork or in freelancing. It's a normal part of publishing all over the world.

Viacheslav K wrote:

And not even that but work ONLY for those types of clients

Who is working ONLY for such clients?

2a05aa63
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Thanks for the insight.

re: "Writing academic work is prohibited, isn't it?"

No.

Upwork has written prohibitions and policies prohibiting academic fraud.

There are no prohibitions against academic work.

re: "but I don't think that if I were to market myself as 'I'll write code for you and you can credit it as you've written it yourself' would be accepted."

You don't need to market yourself that way. That is already the case.

If I hire you to write code, I can indeed credit myself as having written it.

If somebody hires me to write code, then they can credit themselves as having written it.

But, I really want to earn money and I have been earning money with this discipline since 2012. Now, need to work in a more disciplined way and to earn as well with my recognition.

Rubina Y wrote:

But, I really want to earn money and I have been earning money with this discipline since 2012. Now, need to work in a more disciplined way and to earn as well with my recognition.

Then you need to rework your profile and your portfolio items. Upwork is incredibly competitive, especially in the writing category. At the moment your English doesn't look strong enough to attract paying clients.

will you please recommend what to add or delete in my profile? I will modify my portfolio with other writing samples. But I am not sure to glamorize my profile further. I really appreciate suggestions to improve my profile and English proficiency.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths