Why nothing?

Marshall L Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
11 of 22
Nice last dig. You’re a credit!
This widget could not be displayed.
12 of 22
This widget could not be displayed.
I used more colorful language.
Then I found out there was a market for that and that's when the big bucks started rolling in!

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
13 of 22

Marshall L wrote:
2 week newbie, 25 proposals. No contacts and only 2 profile views! Wtf! This sucks.......

Please don't waste any more connects, they don't grow on trees, young man! Have you seen your profile? You are kidding, right?

14 of 22
What does a terrible profile have to do with initial views. Just testing this place out. Obviously I’ve had more viewers posting in this forum than proposal responses.
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
15 of 22

Marshall L wrote:
What does a terrible profile have to do with initial views.
When you submit a bid, the client sees a partial preview of your profile. It's also likely that those commenting on your profile are assuming that your proposals are no better crafted. 

16 of 22
Good one...
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
17 of 22

re: "2 week newbie, 25 proposals. No contacts and only 2 profile views!... What does a terrible profile have to do with initial views. Just testing this place out..."

Marshall:

What does "initial views" mean?

That doesn't mean anything.

You mentioned "only 2 profile views."

I can assure you that you do not know what this means.

I have been on Upwork for years and I constantly study how it works, and I don't know what that means.

If you are testing this place out by sending "25 proposals," then you should understand that every time you sent a proposal, IF a client clicked on your name or picture... then they saw your profile and realized you weren't a real Upwork freelancer. So they hired somebody else.

18 of 22
I had read that a copy of resume was sent with proposal. That’s a big difference!!!
19 of 22
One thing I just figured out. Is that views are not posted real time here. Seems it takes some time to gather the report
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
20 of 22

It is not a "hit counter" or "page view counter."

I think you're looking at something that most of us ignore.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS