🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Why will my Porfolio Project files (PDF or Wo...
Page options
angelus-van_c
Community Member

Why will my Porfolio Project files (PDF or Word Doc) not open after being published?

Please help me.  I am unable to get my Portfolio Project files (PDF or Word) to open in Upwork when looking at my Profile as others view it.  I contacted Upwork on Monday, June 24, and the person I talked to walked me through everything and together we still could not get the file to open.  The Upwork representative said she would send my issue to their Technical Support Section and I would get an email from them.  As of today, June 28, I have not heard from the Technical Support Section and I still have the problem.  I tried calling again today and got a recording stating that they were available on Fridays from 7 to 9 AM Pacific Time.  I called during that time period three times and just got their recording stating their hours of availability.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have attached the PDF file that I uploaded and cannot open in the View Your Portfolio As Others View It.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angelus,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you for you help.

Thanks. I just created a response to an email from you and hit reply in your email. I quickly got a reply that said "Reply by email cannot be posted." If you, or the Help folks tried to send me an email, I have not received it. How do I check to see what my ticket number is and see any updates status? Thanks again.

I was able to contact Upwork via phone and got a request # (25938015) for my issue but no status.
mtngigi
Community Member

Angelus C wrote:

Please help me.  I am unable to get my Portfolio Project files (PDF or Word) to open in Upwork when looking at my Profile as others view it.  I contacted Upwork on Monday, June 24, and the person I talked to walked me through everything and together we still could not get the file to open.  The Upwork representative said she would send my issue to their Technical Support Section and I would get an email from them.  As of today, June 28, I have not heard from the Technical Support Section and I still have the problem.  I tried calling again today and got a recording stating that they were available on Fridays from 7 to 9 AM Pacific Time.  I called during that time period three times and just got their recording stating their hours of availability.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have attached the PDF file that I uploaded and cannot open in the View Your Portfolio As Others View It.

Thanks.

Angelus C wrote:

Thanks.

Angelus,

Just to save you time and frustration should you have other issues, Upwork phone support really doesn't exist - there are too many of us freelancers (millions) to make this service feasible. These forums or opening a ticket through support are your only options for help.

Thanks for responding. I went to support and could not find anything about opening a ticket and getting any responses or seeing if there was already a ticket on my problem. Where specifically is the link to open a help ticket and/or check status? Thanks again.

I contacted Upwork via phone and received a request # (25938015) but no status on my problem.

Hi Angelus,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Our team is investigating the issue you reported and will keep you updated regarding this issue directly via your existing support ticket. 

Please allow time for them to carefully investigate all facts and once they do they will reach out to you with more details.

Thank you for patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths