🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Will I lose my chance of achieving "Risin...
Page options
d089d050
Community Member

Will I lose my chance of achieving "Rising Talent" status if I reactivate an account?

I would like to start using Upwork seriously, however I had started setting up an account a few months ago that I didn't end up using right away. I was thinking I would start a new account, but don't want to violate any terms.

Basically; Will I lose my chances of being a Rising Talent if I reactivate an account I was never active on?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Joseph F wrote:

I would like to start using Upwork seriously, however I had started setting up an account a few months ago that I didn't end up using right away. I was thinking I would start a new account, but don't want to violate any terms.

Basically; Will I lose my chances of being a Rising Talent if I reactivate an account I was never active on?

Thank you!

No, but you risk your ability to use the platform when you open another account. 

JoanneP

Hi Joseph,

Freelancers are only allowed to have one Upwork account. Creating another account is a violation of Upwork ToS. If you need to update the information you have on your profile, please log in to your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
d089d050
Community Member

Hello,

Thanks for the information. I did go ahead and reactivate my account, I
certainly did not want to violate any terms of service, that's why I
reached out for support. I also noticed I had an account from 4 or 5 years
ago, under a different email, same name, but when I go through links in
that email it seems to bring me to the same profile page that I just
reactivated... so as far as I can tell I have one account and it has
straightened itself out based on the rest of my information?

Again, I'm not trying to have two accounts, I just want to make sure my
really old one has been updated with my new email so I am not violating any
terms unknowingly. Thank you!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you're referring to. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths