🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Will my client get notified when i turn on my...
Page options
emanuel_afro
Community Member

Will my client get notified when i turn on my availability?

Hello i am new to upwork and when I apply for jobs and send proposals i forgot to make my available now to “on”. Everytime it was off so basically I think that might be the reason i am not getting jobs. So my question is there are jobs i sent proposal already and i now turned the available now to “on”. So will the clients that I already submitted proposal will be notified when i turn it on?

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

No. The potential clients have your proposals and know how to reach you if they want to. 

emanuel_afro
Community Member

Okay but how can they know if i turn on the available now again. They might not check every proposals frequently.

Hi Amanuel, 

It sounds like you're referring to the Availability Badge. This badge is a new way for you to let potential clients know you are ready for new projects. You'll be able to use Connects to add a blue availability badge to your profile, which will also be visible to clients who find you in search results. You can turn the availability badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. I want to clarify that even if the badge is turned off, clients will be able to check your proposals and hire you just the same. 

You may read more about the Availability Badge here.

~ Avery
Upwork

They don't. They might not need a freelancer that is available immediately. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths