🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Will my connects be refunded if I withdraw a ...
Page options
988071e8
Community Member

Will my connects be refunded if I withdraw a proposal?

Hello Everyone!

I would like to know if my connects are refunded if a proposal is withdrawn.  

Appreciate your comments.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Melissa,

I'd like to confirm that connects are not refunded when you withdraw a proposal. We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JoanneP

Hi Melissa,

I'd like to confirm that connects are not refunded when you withdraw a proposal. We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service

~ Joanne
Upwork
988071e8
Community Member

Got it.  Thanks Joanne!

Is this not kind of a predatory behavior? If the client is unresponsive my connects are withholded undefinitively, or if I engage in another contract and can't no longer fulfill the initial proposed why do I lose the connects? Its making you think upwork business is ripping connects from freelancers, not getting the commisions for the gigs done.... 

Hi Merak,

If a client doesn’t hire and closes their job post, any Connects used to submit a proposal will be returned to you. However, if they do not close the job, no Connects will be returned. We understand this isn’t ideal, and we regularly reach out to clients who have open job posts to encourage them to close them if they don’t intend to hire. Because we know the move to paid Connects has made this issue more important, we have already ramped up our outreach to clients who post jobs and don’t hire, and are looking into other ways to better ensure these jobs get closed so your Connects are returned in these cases.

~ Joanne
Upwork

You're paying for the chance to apply. There is no guarantee of success. I don't see how it's "predatory" since Upwork is transparent about the costs and it's entirely your own choice if you want to bid or not.

what happen if client post a job for a month or a year without hiring? will we get back our connects? I mean when I withdrawal my proposal.

Hi Nguyen,

We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. However, Connects will not be credited back to your account for withdrawn proposals.

You can find more information here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e2b3487f
Community Member

Hi Joanne, How do I contact you about a client whose job post violates terms of service? They posted a project rate but were looking to pay nothing, literally zero dollars, and told me so in their response.

luce-neidert
Community Member

Daniel, this is how you flag a job post:

Click on the job's title.

You'll have a proposition "Flag as inappropriate" in the top right corner.

Click on "Client is asking for free work"

Click on "Submit" at the bottom.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths