🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Will plus membership get suspended ?
Page options
nitish_rana
Community Member

Will plus membership get suspended ?

Just wanted to know if I get a plus membership, are there chances that my account gets suspended ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
voskerchian
Community Member

Hey Nitish,

When you have a plus membership your account won't be locked to private, but I don't think so Upwork will close eyes  and not suspend your account if you break any rule, just because you are on plus membership.

Happy freelancing!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
voskerchian
Community Member

Hey Nitish,

When you have a plus membership your account won't be locked to private, but I don't think so Upwork will close eyes  and not suspend your account if you break any rule, just because you are on plus membership.

Happy freelancing!

Hello Hasmik,

Thanks for your response. 

Does that imply that the same rules (duplicate cover letter, inactivity and bids with no response) apply on plus membership as well?

Thanks,

Nitish

@Nitish R wrote:

Does that imply that the same rules (duplicate cover letter, inactivity and bids with no response) apply on plus membership as well?

Yes, of course they do. The Plus Membership is no "Get out of jail free card" to circumvent rules of the platform. All rules apply to all freelancers equally, whether they have the basic or the paid membership. Anything else would be dreadfully unfair, wouldn't it?

Well, thanks for clarifying that. Though my doubt might appear to be a bit down the page, but before getting the plus membership, I want to clear this which otherwise isn't mentioned in the membership features.

Well, having a plus plan gives some benefits, like more connects, ability to see the high, avg, low bids, etc., but it doesn't mean you can break the rules and not be suspended. Just wonder, why you are worried about it.

The worry is simple, which every Upwork newcomer faces 🙂 Though I am doing things right till now, but still the odds are not in my favour yet.

I understand, never easy for newbies. Just don't give up and you will see the results soon. Read a lot about Upwork rules, there are a lot of articles on the blog about how to get started, do everything right and you won't have such problems. What concerns to a lot of bids with no contracts, you just need to find the right job, write a killing cover letter and make the client feel you are the best one to fulfill their expectations. Also pay attention to the client's hire rate and feedback.

Best of luck and welcome on board!

Thanks again Hasmik !!

Welcome)))

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths