🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Wining cover letter
Page options
261dfbce
Community Member

Wining cover letter

Hi,

I applied to 25 jobs but got no response. I am writing a very good cover letter and still not getting a response. I don't understand what happened.

Can you provide some winning cover letter samples? Then I can get ideas from them.

Waiting for your valuable reply.

Thanks,
Omar

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
j_neighbors
Community Member

Hello, Omar! I am also trying to get more work on Upwork and am certainly not an expert. However, after giving it some thought, I am incorporating these strategies for my cover letters:

• I allow only one sentence to summarize my qualifications. The client can see more in my profile, and I want to keep the focus on them and not on me. If they mention any specific qualifications in their brief, then I aim my remark to address it.
  • I explain how I will build a solution for them, providing enough detail for them to understand that I read the brief, have insight into their project requirements, and a plan for tackling the job.
  • I ask any pertinent questions I have or suggest a direction they may not have considered if I think I have one. Again, this confirms that I have read their brief and considered it.
  • I ask them to check out my portfolio on my profile and then contact me with any questions. I try to keep this to one or two short sentences.

I never use a template or recycle old cover letters because that will be obvious to the reader and would necessarily miss the opportunity to respond specifically to their post. 

I hope these points spark some ideas for you. Good luck!  - Jennifer

Jennifer Neighbors
Microsoft Access Designer and Developer
My profile

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
j_neighbors
Community Member

Hello, Omar! I am also trying to get more work on Upwork and am certainly not an expert. However, after giving it some thought, I am incorporating these strategies for my cover letters:

• I allow only one sentence to summarize my qualifications. The client can see more in my profile, and I want to keep the focus on them and not on me. If they mention any specific qualifications in their brief, then I aim my remark to address it.
  • I explain how I will build a solution for them, providing enough detail for them to understand that I read the brief, have insight into their project requirements, and a plan for tackling the job.
  • I ask any pertinent questions I have or suggest a direction they may not have considered if I think I have one. Again, this confirms that I have read their brief and considered it.
  • I ask them to check out my portfolio on my profile and then contact me with any questions. I try to keep this to one or two short sentences.

I never use a template or recycle old cover letters because that will be obvious to the reader and would necessarily miss the opportunity to respond specifically to their post. 

I hope these points spark some ideas for you. Good luck!  - Jennifer

Jennifer Neighbors
Microsoft Access Designer and Developer
My profile

Thanks for your response.

Can you share some of your cover letter examples? If you share then I can get some idea how I can write a winning cover letter. Please 🙏

7fehrsatgmailcom
Community Member

I use a template, change up the first paragrph that will repeat words phrases from there project brief.  I get a lot of bites.  I am top rated plus with 99% JSS and great reviews which helps.

Can you share some of your cover letter examples? If you share then I can get some idea how I can write a winning cover letter. Please 🙏

Hi Jon F,

I need your help in writing a good cover letter please help me.

Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths