Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withdraw money

Highlighted
Izza H Member Since: Jun 17, 2017
1 of 6

Hi, 

I wanted to ask can we use someone else bank account to get money from Upwork. I'm not sure Upwork will allow it or not that's why I need confirmation. Please help. Thanks 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maryam N Member Since: Sep 4, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Izza, I can confirm that you can not use anyone else bank "Absolutely NOT " to withdraw your money. Your account must be in your own, legal name, and match the name in your tax info, and you can only use a withdrawal method that is in your own name and is your account. Otherwise, you can get your account suspended due to Upwork TOS violation

View solution in original post

Highlighted
3 of 6

Thanks for the help Maryam. Is there any time limit on how long money can be kept here on Upwork so I can get an account with my name. I need to open Payoneer and it will take some time. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maryam N Member Since: Sep 4, 2016
4 of 6

Yes, there is a time limit. Your money can't stay on Upwork account for longer than 180 days.

For Payoneer, I think this is more than enough they take 10-20 days for the whole process.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Alya U Member Since: Jun 11, 2017
5 of 6

You need to have a bank account with the same name as your Upwork username, so no. You can't withdraw through someone else's account.

Highlighted
6 of 6

Okay, Thanks, Maryam and Alya for the quick help.