cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withdraw proposals

Ace Contributor
Debra R Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
1 of 6

Hello!  If I want to get proposals off of my list because the client has hired someone else, do I withdraw the proposal, or is it a negative thing to withdraw them?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 6

There is no way that your profile or Job Success Score can be harmed by withdrawing a proposal.

On the other hand, you don't really benefit from withdrawing a proposal, either.

Keep in mind: If the client has hired somebody but needs another person, or if the original hire doesn't work out, the client may want to hire one of the other candidates.

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 6

The most successful freelancers here in the forum tend to use a "fire and forget" method with proposals, rather than fretting over their submitted proposal list. Like Preston said, there's no negative effect other than that if the client wants to reconsider you're no longer there in the list and may miss out on the job. But there's also no benefit to withdrawing them either - you don't get the connects back, for example.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Debra,

Jennifer and Preston already advised you on your question, so I'll just confirm that withdrawing a proposal won't affect your reputation or profile.

Harpreet S Member Since: Apr 28, 2016
5 of 6
Will it effect on job success rate?
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 6

Hi Harpreet,

No it won't affect your Job Success Score, to learn more about the factors included in your Job Success Score check out this Help Article. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS