🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Withdraw to local bank delay
Page options
ec20820c
Community Member

Withdraw to local bank delay

I have read it on different posts and in the chatbot that payment takes up to 2-5 days to process and arrive into your local bank account but whenever I withdraw during the weekdays, I get my payment within 1-2 hours and I just withdrew a small amount to check that.

I also made a withdraw on Sunday morning, this was my first time making my withdraw and I have no received my money since. 

My current small withdraw was just to see if anything was wrong but it is working fine.

Could someone please manually help me out? How come the withdraw I just made 10 mins ago arrived in my account instantly but the withdraw I made on Sunday still hasn't come.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Hamza,

For direct to local bank transfer, it may take 3-5 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JoanneP

Hi Hamza,

For direct to local bank transfer, it may take 3-5 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ec20820c
Community Member

Received the payment. Thank you for your reply, Joanne.
66ecf5bc
Community Member

Hi Hamza,

You seem an experienced professional, you know that the direct local bank transfer takes 3-5 business days.  But the transfer you made on Sunday, you haven't received yet. The thing is that Sunday's transfer may not have come in the local bank notice. Bring this into consideration. It will be fixed soon. 

Best

Thanks 

Naheedmir

https://www.coupongot.com/

Hi UpWork Community.

My agency processed auto quarterly based Local Bank Withdrawal on 28 Sep 2020 (Transfer Reference Number: 4366182651916827) and it has been 50+ days that I have not yet received the payment.

I filed complain with UpWork payment processing, submitted agency's bank statement upon their request - showing proof of non-receipt of funds.

The only response I get is that UpWork is waiting for 'response from our payment processor'. I followed up multiple times as I had confidence over UpWork but it has now become serious concern. We are in 2020 - we have technology and process to track payments in few minutes, 50+ days is unfair.

All I am told is to wait (for an indefinite period of time). On a side note, I am top rated plus freelancer and have been on this platform for 07+ years.

This is my first time writing on a community, I am not sure if it can help. But please do not respond if you are going to advise same that 'UpWork has no control over its payment processor and we are waiting for our query'. It is not understandable that your help desk cannot do a phone call to get response from your payment processor or from any person/ department where the fund tacking is held up.

Thanks, Zahid

Hi Zahid,

I understand that it's very important for you to know the status of your withdrawal. I checked and see that our Payments team has been updating you via the support ticket request and has provided as much information as they currently have about the transfer. They are currently waiting for an update from the bank and will message you as soon as they receive it. Since we can't provide more information here publicly, I encourage you to refer to the support ticket for any details and with any further questions.

~Andrea
Upwork
moise-the-geek
Community Member

Hello

Can anyone help me? I have been withdrawing money from my Upwork account since Thursday through a local bank. And today I went to the bank to get my money back and they told me the money is still not available. Can anybody help me?

Thank you

Hi Moussa,

Please keep in mind that It can take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I made the withdrawal on the 9th and the email I had received is marked "Expected date of delivery => 10-Feb-2022 - 14-Feb-2022". Today is the 14th and I went to the bank this morning around 8 am and they didn't see anything. But I'm going to wait in 2 hours to go back there.

Hi i need help tracing my money right now. I havent received my funds and i withdrew this a week ago. The delay is causing a lot of problems on my end im not sure why this is happening. Can someone in your team trace this? Also do you have a specific contact information i cant seem to find any useful customer support contact on this website. We have no idea how to get in touch with your team. 

Hi Celina Georgette,

I can see that you withdrew your earnings via Direct to Local Bank. For Direct to Local Bank transfer, payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths